Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone get points from new M50 cameras yet?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Has anyone actually got a letter saying they were caught? If so, when was the offence?

I thought I was flashed 3 days after it started but got nothing yet....

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jdf

I went by the one near the Tallaght overpass yesterday evening and as I did a fella flew past me on the outside lane well in excess of 60kph and I didn't see any flashes from the camera. Are they even operational yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i really dont think they are working.I have been 1-2 times over the 60 and see MANY people go by at hish speeds and seriously dont think they get caught.If they do get caught its a bloody scam as the speed limit is too low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

slumped wrote:
    Has anyone actually got a letter saying they were caught? If so, when was the offence?

I thought I was flashed 3 days after it started but got nothing yet....

S

When I got thre letter advising me of my penalty points from the camera (in the white van) on the M1 it was 6 weeks after the offence occured....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

I was told by somebody before, because the new m50 speed limit signs are not fixed to the ground, they have not been cleared with planning permission. Therefore the new speed isn't actually legal...

Probably a load of bs, anyone know?

Linford wrote:
    When I got thre letter advising me of my penalty points from the camera (in the white van) on the M1 it was 6 weeks after the offence occured....

that was different its the gatso van not fixed camera

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

drdre wrote:
    that was different its the gatso van not fixed camera

I know its different, but surely the time-frame from developing photo to matching it up and sending out fine and points notification is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

I went through the southbound one last week around 65 ish and didnt see a flash. In saying that, it was a sunny day so could have i missed it? Have to sweat it out i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

omega man wrote:
    I went through the southbound one last week around 65 ish and didnt see a flash. In saying that, it was a sunny day so could have i missed it? Have to sweat it out i guess!

65 won't get you a ticket. Your speedo is off by 10% and the limit is usually 10-20 kph over the posted limit in the speed camera settings. Don't ask how I know, I just do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

maoleary wrote:
    65 won't get you a ticket. Your speedo is off by 10% and the limit is usually 10-20 kph over the posted limit in the speed camera settings. Don't ask how I know, I just do!

Thats what i would be thinking but never say never and all of that!

omega man wrote:
    Thats what i would be thinking but never say never and all of that!

yeah i was going under 70 in a 60 and got a ticket and points last year from guards :(
    I hate them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

maoleary wrote:
    10-20 kph over the posted limit in the speed camera settings. Don't ask how I know, I just do!

Absolute rubbish! You'd be lucky to get 5 kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Soooooooooooo, in answer to my question it appears no letters yet????

S

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

slumped wrote:
    TBH, Im not 100% sure if this is the best forum to ask in as many of the regular contributors would be aware of the cameras.
    However in saying that we all kow someone who isn't aware of them so maybe my theory is out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

MarkN wrote:
    Absolute rubbish! You'd be lucky to get 5 kph.

SRC is in Garda Traffic Corps DMR

slumped wrote:

S

It doesnt look like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

omega man wrote:
    I have been travelling the M50 daily this week and have to say that 99% or cars in the 60 limit are driving WAY over it. Even when im driving at an indicated 65 most cars are flying by.

Advertisement