Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account

Options
  • 02-05-2007 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I need to open a new personal current account, is PTSB still one of the better ones? What about NIB, their online services come highly recommended.

Customer service is my #1 priority, obviously followed by rates.

adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nope? All shíte? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Some less than complimentary comments about both in the past on this board - but like everything, it's all very subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gatsby

dahamsta wrote:
    I need to open a new personal current account, is PTSB still one of the better ones? What about NIB, their online services come highly recommended.

Customer service is my #1 priority, obviously followed by rates.

adam

Stay away from PTSB anyway. I opened a switch account three weeks ago and am still waiting for my ATM card. As part of the switching process, they closed my old account at the beginning of last week. Since it going to be Monday at the earliest until i get my card and pin, that means i will have gone 2 weeks without access to my money. So much for the switching process being easier.

I could begin a rant about their customer service but all I'll say is that i've had better experiences dealing with NTL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks lads. Any other feedback would be most welcome. I'm surprised by the comment about PTSB, they had a great reputation for personal service a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Gatsby wrote:
    Stay away from PTSB anyway. I opened a switch account three weeks ago and am still waiting for my ATM card. As part of the switching process, they closed my old account at the beginning of last week. Since it going to be Monday at the earliest until i get my card and pin, that means i will have gone 2 weeks without access to my money. So much for the switching process being easier.

I could begin a rant about their customer service but all I'll say is that i've had better experiences dealing with NTL.

Are you sure it was sent to your house and not your branch? Should take 5 working days max. If it takes longer than that then it has either been lost in the post or intercepted. Not much the bank can do about that unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

dahamsta wrote:
    Thanks lads. Any other feedback would be most welcome. I'm surprised by the comment about PTSB, they had a great reputation for personal service a while back.

I am surprised too.

I switched to PTSB and found their service excellent, helpful and open compared to AIB.

I got my Laser/ATM very quickly, and I minimised the "downtime" without access to funds because I arranged the switch at a time that suited my banking pattern. I.e. pretty much a week after I get paid and all the DD's go out.

I just withdrew "sufficient" funds to cover the 3-4 business days that it takes to transfer the funds.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gatsby

Sangre wrote:
    Are you sure it was sent to your house and not your branch? Should take 5 working days max. If it takes longer than that then it has either been lost in the post or intercepted. Not much the bank can do about that unfortunately.

Certain. I opened the account on the 20th of April. The card wasn't ordered internally until the 3rd of May. Spoke to someone in my branch today and was told it would be the middle of next week before i have my card and PIN

The switchover of accounts began on the 1st so i've had no access to a current account since then.

I had sufficeint funds to cover a week of downtime not 2.5 weeks. everything is going on the credit card now. Can't pay that off because they can't set up internet banking for me until i get my ATM card. Never heard of that before but thats what i was told on the phone last night.

Waiting for a call back from tha manager now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Gatsby wrote:
    Waiting for a call back from tha manager now.

I'd say they will be all apologies. Sounds like you were unlucky.

Hope you get it sorted soon anyway.

Advertisement