Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i entitled for refund?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I bought a Sony disman Thursday a few weeks ago at the cost of 130E
    When I brought it home and charged the battery, I surprisingly found out there was no backlight on the remote control of the disman.
    I couldn’t not say that the sales person mislead me because when I was in the store, there was no power in the display disman. But I was not showed or informed that there was no backlight.

As going to France the very next day, I didn’t bring the disman back to the shop until the next Wednesday. My request of refund was turned down by the sales person and the manager of the store.

I was wondering, as I was not informed about the backlight when purchasing, if I am entitled for a refund?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

The goods aren't faulty .
    Unless the store has there own specific refund policy (eg. argos 16-day moneyback), then unfortunately you have no right for a refund...unless the product was advertised to you as being different to what it is.

Basicly, it is at the discretion of the store, so if they say no ..then
    that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I doubt it.

Is there noramlly a back light on the r/c? - Does the box say so or any advertising?

If not, then there is no fault with the product and therefore no refund or exchange is warranted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Not a chance, you should have checked or asked before you bought it.

Advertisement