Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i need to return my Modem ?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

I have been with Eircom BB for 2 years now. I have canceled my BB with them and they have asked on the phone while canceling to return my modem box which they supplyed when i first connected with them.

What have you guys done ?
    Do i need to return it ?
    It might come in handy so i would like to keep it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know why they'd bother asking for it back to be honest. Whilst in theory it remains their property, what are they going to do with it? It's a two year old model for starters. It'd probably end up in a skip anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Would u think they would come after me if i did not return it ?

I think its a strange thing to ask for. Maybe they are told to ask but if not returned they wont do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Some companies will send a third party collection agency after you for the unit or the amount that it was stated as being when you signed up initially.
    Best off returning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why would you want the modem if you've no longer got broadband? I don't think eircom always ask for it back, but since they have in this case, you should. It usually depends on your contract with them as to whether it becomes yours or remains their property. I know this is how it works with BT, sometimes it's yours after 12 months, other times it's not.

It has a four porth lan connection. Not much but better then what i have if i did not have the modem (noting).

Also will be getting BB again when i move into my new house. Don't know who to go with but thats for another thread i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

They'll bill you for it. Around 100 euro I think it is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The position regarding the modem is usually detailed in the terms and condtions.
    Most isps regard the modem as their property so if it was provided for in the terms and conditions they are well within their rights in asking you to return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

They told me to keep mine as it was two yrs old, so id say they might tell u the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

peepsbates wrote:
    They told me to keep mine as it was two yrs old, so id say they might tell u the same
    Read the first post again. They've already asked him to return it.

I think i will just return it, its a freepost address after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

kaizersoze wrote:
    Read the first post again. They've already asked him to return it.

correctamundo

Advertisement