Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website design word document template?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be heavily involved in developing the site content and layout for a poker player's website.

At present I need to outline in plain English a sitemap of how this should look like to my employers, but going through what you might call writers's block :o

What I'm looking for just to get myself kick started is some word document template for a sitemap. Please note I'm talking about just a plain english word document, not xml or anything like that.

Anyone know where I could get something like this?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

"A site map (or sitemap) is a graphical representation of the architecture of a web site. [1] It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for web design, or a web page that lists the pages on a web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion. This helps visitors and search engine bots find pages on the site."

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Sorry, sitemap was a pure choice of word then, I'm not a website developer so hope you'll excuse the error. I'm just looking to present in a word document what this website should contain, as I say I'm just struggling to get this kickstarted, I just don't feel so creative at the minute.

I thought this might be the best place to ask if anyone knew where to find a template for such.
    Anyway I have edited the orginal title to reflect better what I'm requesting help with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 alphasolutions

An obvious suggestion would be to look at other poker sites, see what they have on theirs and note those. Then decide what you like an dont like from the various sites, whats missing that you would like and the design features that you like.

From that you can put together an outline of what you hope to put on the site and what heading etc you want to have which you can then fill with content.

You wouldnt need a template to break it down, just put in an outline of the different pages that you want to put on the site (based on your study of the other sites) then put a description in of what kind of content would be on those pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I would suggest that you talk to a professional website designer. There are so many factors, and a good designer will be happy to talk you through the possibilities without obligation. As alphasolutions says, check out sites with the same remit. Tag what you like and make a plan that incorporates that and adapts it to your client's needs.

Feel free to PM me if you need some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Thanks for the replies, I managed to find my muse and put something together and my employers are happy with it :) . It wasn't that complicated really, it was just one of those times that I was struggling to get inspiration, fortunately I got it together in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement