Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Exam

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Anybody do the LCVP exam today. I could not finish it. I was finished my pre with 40 minutes left, so took my time with this one and by the end of the exam i only had 3 questions answered. How could i be so stupid and i got 80 in my pre. I will probaly lose my distincation and 20 points now. Far too much time consuming evaluation for my liking on 3 questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Handy. Fcuked if you don't do business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

no bother here, finished 10mins early. what q's did you do, i did 1,2,3,5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Down to the very last minute for me. Thought the mocks one was far handier, although the last few questions in the audio/visual were a bit easier. I'm hoping for a distinction as there isn't a whole lot wrong with my portfolio, so I'd be expecting 90+% there. All I need then is about 75% on today's exam then.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

It was pretty good, pretty sure I got a distinction, and even if I don't i'm certain I got a merit.So 50 points gotten already!Woo!!Anyways did questions 1,2,3 and 6.Overall it was pretty fine....with the exception of drawing up the business plan.We never went to visit a business/organisation so I ended up doing up a business plan for NUI Maynooth.....which in hindsight was stupid.Still though out of the 8 points I got at least 4 for the headings, so I guess its ok.Also the question about employment trends in Ireland was pretty unexpected....thankfully though I found it easy anyways.

Also I'll probably be marked down for using the same 3 headings for every evaluation on the exam paper.I evaluated everything I did under the headings ''Knowledge gained'', ''Skills Learned/Improved'' and ''Aims Achieved'', and while they are all quite good ways of evaluating pretty much anything, I bet i'll get marked down for using the same 3 everywhere.....which sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

was fairly caught for time alright, just got it finished in time with the last two parts half rushed. it was a handy paper overall though i suppose, did 2-5.... don't do business but wish i did now cos the stuff was interesting enough and wouldn't be half as hard as a deadly science! (ya physics you know who you are)..... glad it's over though, time to rip up the notes and forget everything i learned :D could see how people got caught time wise alright though, my hand was killing me by the end and i think i was being as concise as possible for the most part... good practise for the 6th of june i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

i completely messed it up, it was disgraceful the audio visual was a joke. i am just hoping that i get the pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

I thought the audio visual was a complete load of crap, but the general questions weren't too bad...but to be fair if I didn't do business then I'd have been screwed!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I thougth that both the Audio visual & case study were by far the easiest part to the exam, but I found that I got stuckon Q2/3, whichever was relating to a visit to the local enterprise. I got a bit stuck. I hope I get the distinction, my portfolio is well above my own personal standards, I'm very proud of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I thougth that both the Audio visual & case study were by far the easiest part to the exam, but I found that I got stuckon Q2/3, whichever was relating to a visit to the local enterprise. I got a bit stuck, but ther than that I hope I get the distinction, my portfolio is well above my own personal standards, I'm very proud of it.

WTH was with the questions "Name 3 ways by which you could evaluate your visit to blah blah company"

Those questions were....awkward.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I did questions 1,3,4 and 5. Was easy enough in terms of the questions asked, but I was writing til the very last minute to get it finished. I don't do Business but I found the ol' Economics coming in handy at times.We didn't do a pre in my school, and the audio visual was an organisational disgrace on the part of my school, but overall I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

WTH was with the questions "Name 3 ways by which you could evaluate your visit to blah blah company"

Those questions were....awkward.

Exactly my sentiments as well. They didn't really make a whole lot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Finished with loads of time to spare.. I write pretty fast. Didn't do 4 or 6 on the last section

I thougth that both the Audio visual & case study were by far the easiest part to the exam

uhh.. like always?

Not going for a distinction but I guess it would be nice haha. I don't do business though. My work experience diary for my portfolio was pretty rushed since I forgot (actually I was just very lazy with it) to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Just heard from my friend that there was a misprint in question 1, the total marks only added up to 21 not 25. Did anybody else notice this as I certainly did not.

Nope, I was looking at the marks but not adding them up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I thought I did alright...was really stuck for time though. But I managed to finish it :)
    Don't do business...

Yes, the audio-visual was pretty awful. Loved the case study though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Audio Visual wasnt as sign posted (OMG you had to actually think about it) as previous years but still quite simple. The rest was simple enough . Even had enough time to do an extra question to be on the safe side. Couldve done all 6 tbh but that probably would of just annoyed the corrector big time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If there is a misprint on the paper, students will not suffer because of it. They will adjust marking schemes to allow for it, but if anything students will probably gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

yeah but it was evaluate this and that and wasnt really sure about that !! BITCH of a question i thought was , '' two distinctive audiences ?'' i put dwn music audience and politics,current affair etc !! TBH I couldnt care about what annoys that ejet fergal , lol :p

yeah but it was evaluate this and that and wasnt really sure about that !! BITCH of a question i thought was , '' two distinctive audiences ?'' i put dwn music audience and politics,current affair etc !! TBH I couldnt care about what annoys that ejet fergal , lol :p

I put down the two it mentioned at the start of the video :p

And yeah that what fustrates fergal was odd because he goes "it's really fustrating that hardwork people, who come in everyday for a week, and then make a production, which, in my opinion is just as good or better than commercial productions"

Give or take a few words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think what the question was referring to was the fact that those 'hardworking' people dont get appreciated for their hard work in producing such a fine programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Anyone else a bit stumped by the question -how did the 'school experience' help you-??I didnt really know what they expected me to say...

Overall, i thought it was a hard enough exam, possibly the hardest from the last couple of years, questions were just awkward, and the audio-visual wasn't very clear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Choco

Personally, I quite liked the LCVP exam. In the mocks - I managed to take a little bit too much time on the questions and combined with the ****-up that was our school's mock set up - that is not thinking that the place they hoped to put the TV wouldn't have a power socket - I managed to JUST get four questions done. In the real exam though, on Wednesday, I somehow managed to do five and then have the dubious honor of being the second-last person to hand up their paper.

Of course though, seeing that up to this point I have been sitting one class of LCVP a week, if I've been lucky, and with that I got just under 80% in the mocks - I do quite hope that there is a distinction waiting for me from this, albeit unneeded, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 WonderGirl

So did ye get ye're distinctions??.. i somehow did even though i never did business and well never really did a whole lot for lcvp either and ran outa time for questions in the end...handiest 70 points ever..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

WonderGirl wrote:
    So did ye get ye're distinctions??.. i somehow did even though i never did business and well never really did a whole lot for lcvp either and ran outa time for questions in the end...handiest 70 points ever..:)
    I started this thread back in May, complaining about not finishing the exam and how that will cost me 20 points. But come August, i got a Distinction, looking at it on saturday, must admit I would advice anyone looking for a few extra points to do this if they have the subjects. In my ( former!!) school we did it instead of religon, so your not going to be missing much

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got the distinction as well, but not without a bit of hard work. The exam itself was alright. I put a lot of attention into the small details of my portfolio. Finding work experience (even for only 4 days) was harder than expected, and the classes were the most tedious, boring, pointless, etc I ever endured outside of certain TY modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Holy dead thread resurrection Batman!

I only got a fecking merit after all the work I put into it, thanks for nothing LCVP!

Advertisement