Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any German Speakers in the House?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I need a quick dig-out with this page on ebay.de

clicky

What I'm looking for is an inner CV joint, are any of these inner or are they all outers (as I suspect) its for a C4 (Audi 100/A6 1990-1997) model.

Cheers or should I say Danke :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They all appear to be "Radseitig" which would be 'wheel side', or outers. What you're looking for is "Getriebeseitig".

Here you go ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gelenk-Gelenksatz-Antriebswelle-Audi-100-C2-C3-C4-200_W0QQitemZ230113055085QQihZ013QQcategoryZ61023QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Innen = Inner
    Aussen = Outer ;)

DonJose wrote:
    Innen = Inner
    Aussen = Outer ;)
    Yeah! Except that they don't appear to use those terms in this case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exactly, I had thought of that DonJose!

Alan you are a star. :)

Mike.

ps Alan I may need you again as I'm going to buy it.

mike65 wrote:
    ps Alan I may need you again as I'm going to buy it.
    Kein Problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Mike65 - i can speak enough to get by in conversation, but for more tech minded stuff (like when iwas buying carbs on ebay.de, i used the following site

www.translation2.paralink.com

Handy tool to have

The part I need is'nt there - I have an auto and the inner CV is different. I'll start trawling through breakers sites.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    The part I need is'nt there - I have an auto and the inner CV is different. I'll start trawling through breakers sites.
    Weird. Why would they be different?

Well I think they are, I got checking other sites and one which was very comprehensive did'nt list inners for the Auto models, I suspect its simply down to demand (not that many auto C4 era A6s around on a 1.8 engine) and therefore is a different part. Anyway I'm submitting a thread to the collective Audi brains-trust on various forums and I'll see what I get back.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,363 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anyway isn't it time for peasant to stand up and claim to be the only native German speaker around here? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement