Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Issues

Options
  • 02-05-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I have a problem with my broadband if anybody knows a solution.

The signal is fine all day long, not a problem, quite consistent speeds. However, once it gets to about 9 at night, the signal drops constantly, it will be on for 2-3 seconds, then drop. Then reconnect again for 2-3 seconds then again drop.

This is EVERY night, same problem. When i check the connection status on the modem, it says 'LLC Failed' during this time.

I have contacted UTV several times about this and they said it is a problem on my end, I have changed routers and re installed everything with different computers and have the same problem. I have also got eircom to check the line TWICE and they said the line is fine.

Is this a contention problem with UTV?

I have contact BT about switching over but i am afraid I will have the same problems. :(

any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cooper_man wrote:
    I have a problem with my broadband if anybody knows a solution.

The signal is fine all day long, not a problem, quite consistent speeds. However, once it gets to about 9 at night, the signal drops constantly, it will be on for 2-3 seconds, then drop. Then reconnect again for 2-3 seconds then again drop.

This is EVERY night, same problem. When i check the connection status on the modem, it says 'LLC Failed' during this time.

I have contacted UTV several times about this and they said it is a problem on my end, I have changed routers and re installed everything with different computers and have the same problem. I have also got eircom to check the line TWICE and they said the line is fine.

Is this a contention problem with UTV?

I have contact BT about switching over but i am afraid I will have the same problems. :(

any advice?

If you switch to BT you might have lots of different problems!:eek:

Did you try airing your problem in the utv support group?

news.utvinternet.com in Outlook express or any other newsgroup reader and then look for utv support in the list of groups.

Also and email to carl@u.tv used to work wonders. UTV saying that its a problem at your end is simply not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭leche solara

Yes agree with suggestion of contacting Carl.
    The support group has been very quiet of late, but Carl keeps an eye on it even outside normal business hours.

Advertisement