Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba Gear in Lidl tomorrow May 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anybody got one of these yet? I was thinking of getting a 3mm full suit, not sure what size to get and I doubt you can try them on there. Anybody have a clue on sizes, i.e. is the medium too small or big. I am 5' 11'' 12stone

BTW the link above had prices for northern ireland, the euro prices are here

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070503.index

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I got M/L. They come in sizes S/M, M/L L/XL for men. Mine fits great. I'm 6' 1'' and 13 stone.
    They come in boxes and have the sizes in cm. They take 3 mesurments - chest, waist, and height, so convert your height into cm and your waist and your chest and you'll be sorted.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks for that. Hopefully they will not be sold out.

I checked on ebay too and there are some good prices on new ones. Many are in the UK and didnt have irish postage costs, but they usually will sell to here if you email them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Hey ppls,

Im completely new to diving, i decided a while ago id take it up and when i seen the stuff in lidl i went and bought the lot, fins, goggles suit etc etc,
    Has anyone any idea whether these suits are sufficient for the diving places around Ireland....any feedback would be great...

Thanx,

cwynnes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

In Spring and Summer you'll need the shorty and the full suit (shorty on top) You need about 12mm of Neoprene wetsuit to be comfortable at 15-18 metres. Around September is the warmest time for diving in Ireland and you'll still need the full suit with the shorty - unless you're really hardy or only doing shallow dives.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Cheers for that,

The total thickness of the full suit and shorty together is 11.5mm, i was just worried in case i had bought crap but i think its all ok,

Thanks,

cwynnes

Good to have the suit....Now all i have to do is learn how to use the freakin thing :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

I have a Womens Large dive suit - 5mm
    never used, it does not fit me and ive lost the receipt
    if anyone wants to buy it off me
    email paddybutler at gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Lidl are doing more dive gear next Monday June 11th.
    It's mostly boat related stuff but they have wetsuits, fins, etc available again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 podgerodge

paddyb wrote:

I know a few others caught this way. u could put it on ebay or in buy and sell, but it will not make much. Why does Lidl not offer a wider choice of sizes like all other wetsuit manufacturers, and / or changing rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

paddyb wrote:
    email paddybutler at gmail.com
    Did you bring it back and ask for a refund paddyb? Worh a shot I assure you ;)

Aside,
    Hey vesp. Still lurking I see. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seepeesee

hi,i have dived in thesea couple of weeks ago.i also had some trouble getting the right size but eventually got it right.no problem bring them back.
    i dived on east coast and it was really toasty (steam coming from the inside when i took them off).
    The fins are ok also,maybe a little stiff.hood and booties are also good.had a problem getting my mask to reseat though as hood got in the way.i will be trimming it down to match mask.gloves looked a bit to combersum.saw a couple of others wearing them too.might buy the light and noise signaler next time.

Advertisement