Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox v Intranet

Options
  • 02-05-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I was planning on downlaoding firefox for my computer in work but wanted to ask first if it would interfere with the company intranet, which uses I.E.
    Can anybody tell me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you mean your intranet site requires IE specific capability to function, then Firefox likely won't be able to render it properly.

However, you can use the IETab extension to jump between IE and Firefox without having to leave the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I prefer firefox (using it right now) but my companies intranet is designed to use IE and NTLM authentication. I have come up with a simple routine. I leave IE as my default browser so I can follow Intranet links but use FF for all Internet sites. I don't have many sites that I visit on a regular basis so it does not really affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Advertisement