Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Sim Card in iMate JasJar

• 02-05-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

I have an iMate JasJar. I am really interested in using its 3g features and getting mobile broadband, when I put in a 3 sim card it doesnt work, it goes to roaming and i get nothing.

is there anyone / anyway to get this to work properly - voice, video, sms, mms and internet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Are you in a area with Three 3G? Is it roaming on to vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Sounds like either your phone is not 3G-capable, or more likely 3 do not have 3G coverage in your area yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

Sounds like a coverage issue to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Shredneck wrote:
    Sounds like a coverage issue to me
    jasjar works fine for me with 3sim. Its 3G enabled alright so would guess coverage issue or faulty rom. Have you done a hard reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

its the latest imate official ROM build, and 3g coverage isnt great in my house so yeah that could be it, , and the last poster, do you get full data, sms and mms services, have you tried video calling ?? also would it being a 3pay sim card affect it at all ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

data, voice calls and video calls no problem. sms and mms do not work for me though I have a butcherd o2 XDA rom on it and haven't bothered to upgrade it. I swap it out with other phones regularly and I don't text so it doesn't bother me. My 3 sim is on contract so I would suspect that the prepay is an issue given other posts I've read with regard to 3, data, and prepay sims. If you have only so-so coverage it should still work fine..if a little slower. The 3G chip is pretty weak in the jasjar I've found when compared with other handsets. nonetheless you should get something. Otherwise its network/prepay issue. Stick the sim in a "3 phone", hard reset the jasjar, and then try to use it.. it may just then work. long shot.

Advertisement