Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky Windows

Options
  • 02-05-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

My electric windows have a woeful squeak when i pull them up or down and is being caused by the friction with the rubbers. Not a major problem and its not happening every time but any suggestions on how to cure this affliction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Small bit of Vaseline or candle wax? Although now that i think of it it might make the window messy. Sometimes them rubbers seem to shrink or get very hard from the sun and then cause the windows to be qware noisy... My wifes old Mazda was terrible for that. It was 16 years old though, is yours new?

Squeak Head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Silicone spray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

no its not new its a 00 astra! what is this silicone spray of which you speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

You get it in any decent motor factors dceire, can, says silicon spray on it, contains silicon spray, spray it along all the rubbers the window comes into contact with going up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Black in a Flash, Back to Black etc, are silicone sprays. You can get them in good motorfactors and in places like Tesco, Woodies etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Wash your windows. My car does it because of the sap from the tree i park under drips down this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll second the silicone spray - guaranteed to work. You'll get it in any motor factors. Try to avoid grease/vaseline it just attracts dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blue850 wrote:
    Silicone spray

Aye this is your best bet. My windows are the same. Puts a little pressure on the motors also.

Advertisement