Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sligo for a beginner

Options
  • 02-05-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi, i'm heading to Sligo this weekend an was thinking of trying my hand at a bit of surfing - second time only - just looking for suggestions as to where to go/hire etc.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

There are 2 surf schools in strandhill but neither of them hire gear. I think it's illegal to hire gear in sligo, something to do with the county council.
    Nearest place would be bundoran. I think you might get away with surfing strandhill or tullan (in bundoran) on saturday but sunday looks quite windy so you should try to find streedagh. Anyone working in a surf shop can tell you where it is. It's like a natural bay so it can take a lot of wind.

good luck with the weekend, I'd give anything to get out there :(

Advertisement