Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Politics board general election poll-Which government do you want?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Thats not what he said. Listen to what he actually said, not seemed to say, and he refused to rule it out.

He kind of danced about but he did rule it out in the end IMO.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Forgive my ignorance but what is Atari jaguar in the context of government?

Forgive my ignorance but what is Atari jaguar in the context of government?

Well IMO it's prob the best alternative. It is a small but important political ideal. It provides people with better transport (Jaguar, as in the car, one for everyone) the only problem is that the cars are all driven by computers from 1984 (i.e. Atari) and by 2012 Ireland should become the worlds leading Atari Jaguar.

On the other hand it could just simply mean you won't vote and politicians make as much sence as this post and if I do vote it will be a spoiled vote.

:) Peace man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ive have 2 choices
    one , the present goverment returned provided bertie aherne is not leader
    berite will do nothing to tackle my biggest issue , the chronic innefficency of our bloated over paid public service , brian cowan as taoiseach

thats my perfered option by the way

or 2ndly , the rainbow , preferably without the greens though that aint gonna happen as labour will gain none and fine gael wont reach 50

but i would only be happy with the rainbow if enda kenny was not taoiseach
    and since labour will not be the biggest party in that coalition
    he cant be taoiseach , and thier is no one and i mean no one in fine gael who inspires me enough to want to see them as taoiseach and that goes double for enda kenny

i think the rainbow would have strolled home were it not for the enda factor
    the public are very unsure of him
    micheal mc dowell put it best when describing him , BLAND AND DECENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I don't like this term. PDs are Ultra-conservative

this is a myth , the pd,s are right wing economically as are fianna fail and fine gael , they are however much more liberal on social issues than both of thee other parties mentioned

you want ultra conservative , try the DUP or the REPUBLICAN party in the usa
    thier both right wing economically and socially

the pd,s may be classed as to the right in the context of the irish political scene but you must remember that in ireland politics is for the most part so of the centre , its a white line in the middle of a road

we as a people have never been too keen on either the extreme lieft or the extreme right , sinn fein are thee exception ,thier the extreme left but that is overlooked due to thier main policy being a united ireland which for obvious reasons makes them relevant to the public at least to some degree
    without that issue , thier a pointless addition to the country

i would much perfer vote joe higgins than sinn fein if i was a socilist
    while i dont agree with marxism , the man is sincere in his views and is a man of integirty

anyway back to the main point , the pd,s are a libertarain party

ultra conservative , rubbish

• Advertisement

anyway back to the main point , the pd,s are a libertarain party

ultra conservative , rubbish

You have basically done what the PD's tend to do. Stating that the PD's are a liberal party. That just won't swing it with me.

McDowell is not a libertarian and your post doesn't suggest other wise.

What you need to do is to actually point out a liberal issue that has been tackled by the PD's.

I can give you many that are conservative if you wish.

Also I am not a Sinn Fein Supporter I just happen to agree that the PD's are conservative. Or at least they go around saying what they think others want them to say, and that's not very liberal.

ive have 2 choices

Lets all face it, we don't have 2 choices we have 1 choice, but as FG put it Different Faces.
    or 2ndly , the rainbow , preferably without the greens though that aint gonna happen as labour will gain none and fine gael wont reach 50

It's not a rainbow without the greens :)

Anyway we are going to get a FF/Labour Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Can't stand the idea of bertie and his new terrorist drug dealing buddies the shinners coming into power after this. I'm voting green, not because I have any great respect for them or because I have any great environmental ethos but because they're the only ones that said they would force the issue on developers building houses by the hundreds and then not providing the infrastructure such as sewage works to deal with them.

Every one of us is being physically poisoned by the current governments policy for the last ten years on developments and the water supply in Galway, the human waste spread on lands in Wexford, the sewage being pumped onto Bettystown beach...these are all just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe if this was sorted out, we wouldn't have such a crisis in the health industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

lunapark wrote:
    Time to get FF out

No way!befor you all get carried with a different govt,you know, i think what everyone is forgeting, in fairness to FF, is that the last ten years have been a whirlwind of events, everything has happened so quickly, economy wise, jesus who would have thought that in ten years time there would have been more than .5 million immigrants in this country!!!!
    So sorry, but FF have'nt done too bad at all, considering the blast of events that have changed tha face of Ireland in the last two govt. terms...
    And of course, easy for snivelly little Enda to take the throne and refine ten years of blood sweat and tears. I'm sorry he drives me mad- remember the amount of cheap shots he took at bertie AND his family( divorce etc.) regarding those 'payments' bertie received- what a great guy to lead an inspirational country on many grounds (esp. economy ) like Ireland.

When does "not too bad" = inspirational?! There is so many things they could have done with the prosperity. One simple example would be the western rail corridor where the track is actually there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

It looks like only about 3% of boards users got the government they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Looks like I'm getting my favoured choice of a Fianna Fáil and Progressive Democrats coalition government. Although it is minority cabinet government.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

thelepo wrote:
    It looks like only about 3% of boards users got the government they wanted.
    Hmmm, seems to be quite a difference in opinion between the boards population and the general population alright.

Hmmm, seems to be quite a difference in opinion between the boards population and the general population alright.

I think most people on boards stated what the Irish People want i.e. not the PDs and not Sinn Fein. It's just up to the next government to listen.

Hopefully the PD's won't get what they want. It seems to me the smaller the PD's are the more powerful.

Mary Harney = Minister
    Noel Grelish = Junior Minister
    Liz O'Donnell and Fiona O'Malley = Senitor *2

Get them out of Government, either that or give Beverly Flynn her Junior Ministers position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

is this poll somewhat close to the exit poll for government partners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Elmo wrote:
    I think most people on boards stated what the Irish People want i.e. not the PDs and not Sinn Fein. It's just up to the next government to listen.
    True - ish.
    Places like here tend to attract activists from all parties but FF seem to be less active relative to their real life vote.Some of that could be due to the fact that a lot of people voted FF as a last minute change of mind for fear of the alternative.That cohort of peole would still moan about the government even though realisticly they shouldnt because they voted for them

The poll is closed now,but as we haven't got a new government yet I'm leaving the thread open.

Just looking at this poll

55% are for a FG lead government
    while 45% are for a FF lead government

we are also pointing out that FF have more options open to them.

Advertisement