Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New To Limerick

Options
  • 02-05-2007 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys, looking for some help!

I'm org from offaly been in UCC last 4 years doing a business information systems degree and am currently in my final yr. I am hoping to do a postgrad in UL next year.

....With that in mind I've decided to move up to limerick after my exams (end of may). Was hoping someone could help give some advice on where I should/shouldnt look to rent (student prices!) and also if anyone has any advice about trying to find a summer job in limerick or suggestions of companys it'd be much appreciated! I'd prefer some type of office job but am finding it difficult to identify many.

currently im using all the online sites like daft.ie and jobs.ie to keep an eye on the types of places i can rent and apply for any jobs that might be around but finding these tricky to find anything with

Thanks for any help

Darren,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Hi

Check out the post stickied at the top of the fourm there's a load of helpful links listed in there you might something useful.

This thread has a review of places to live around UL.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781

Rent wise around UL you can expect to pay anything from €40 per week up to €80 in some places. The apartment blocks such as Brookfield tend to be more expensive and they're a bit far away from the college. There's a number of estates around the college (Milford Grange, College Court, Elm Park) which are closer to the campus/shops and bus stops. They are also cheaper rent wise.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 darren85

cool thanks for the advise mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 boyracer87

Hey man, just sent ya a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

if ur looking for nice accomm,reasonable rent for d summer, try briarfield (esp birches), accomm is bout 35 per week...alternatively try student accomm like the courtyard..it's about 5o a week, all bills inclusive...it's a bit of a trek into college from both areas (about 20 mins to library from both places) but the places are lovely...

as regards work, ur not really gonna find much around castletroy...ur best bet is to try and get a job in town, maybe with the county council in dooradoyle if u want an office job...the revenue commissioners also take on peeps, but i reckon uv left it a little late for them...

any other q's pm me!!

Advertisement