Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navman F20

• 02-05-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Anyone got it and whats it like...available in xtravision for €169

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Bought one for same price a couple of weeks ago in Sam McCauleys Chemist in Greystones. Coverage outside Dublin isn't great - once you go past Bray southbound it's only got the N11 mapped. No complaints about it inside Dublin though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Thanks, no use to me so (want for country driving...got well lost over weekend tryinh to get from north Cavan to Athlone)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I got one last week in PC World...Mapping is done by Teleatlas so not very good outside major cities...however, I emailed Navman and they said Ireland would have 100% coverage when they release a map update in sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

I got one last week in PC World...Mapping is done by Teleatlas so not very good outside major cities...however, I emailed Navman and they said Ireland would have 100% coverage when they release a map update in sept.

Cheers Dave - that's good news anyway....

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bazbat01

Hopefully you're right. Come September just where and when can we get these maps? Did they give you any other info?
    Are they all by card only? What shops will be selling them and for how much..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Shops selling these are making misleading statements like for example full coverage of UK and Ire and the fact is they are wrong as are Tomtom.

The only true mapping is by navteq at the moment, these devices are nice but inadequate for general countrywide driving.

Stick to Garmin, I have a Nuvi 660FM the best buy I ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Is it possible to change the maps to the navteq maps my friend has these maps for his sat nav If it's possible then it would be a good buy well for me anyhows!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

If the Core OS is Windows CE Based it is possible to crack it and install the likes of Route 66 etc (Navteq Based) onto the Device.

I have heard of it being done but never really investigated it moreso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Flying wrote:
    If the Core OS is Windows CE Based it is possible to crack it and install the likes of Route 66 etc (Navteq Based) onto the Device.

I have heard of it being done but never really investigated it moreso

Thanks Flying might just have to check this out further!!

Advertisement