Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final Venue

• 02-05-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭

They have just said on Sky Sports, in the build up to the Milan vs United game, that there is a rumour that if United get past Milan tonight, the final could be held "a little closer to home" (Webley?)

What would people think about that? I assume some liverpool fans have already booked hotels and flights, i presume they wouldn't be happy with having to lose money on canceled flights.

I do think it would be a good idea though, as most people wouldn't head to london til the day of the game, and leave after it, so you would reduce the amount of time fans would be congregating together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

UEFA pick the venue not the premier league.

Andy gray going into detail about it now.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

also the fact about the greek police strike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Juve and AC met in Old Trafford, I seriously doubt that they would change it.

The money they'd lose refunding Athens would never be compensated for by making life easier for football fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

All the people who've booked flights and hotels in Athens would be pretty upset too. Not gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭Trampas

Nothing to worry about now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

its not like the CL is run for the benefit of fans of the football clubs who make it, no chance that UEFA would move this unless the greeks were seriously worried about the potential trouble between Utd and pool fans. Never going to happen, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dont think there ever was. There's not a hope they'd have moced it. Athens will have been prepareing for months. The far too much organisation gone in to just decide to up sticks and move it elsewhere.

I really wish Liverpool would get to final closer to home though. What the hell was wrong getting to Paris last year? Bloody finals at the other end of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stekelly wrote:
    Dont think there ever was. There's not a hope they'd have moced it. Athens will have been prepareing for months. The far too much organisation gone in to just decide to up sticks and move it elsewhere.

I really wish Liverpool would get to final closer to home though. What the hell was wrong getting to Paris last year? Bloody finals at the other end of Europe.

Nothing truly worth having ever comes easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stekelly wrote:

a bit like Ireland qualifying for major International Tournaments....

Advertisement