Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the PSI coming out of Dublin taps?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can anyone tell me what sort of pressure I should get out of a garden tap in Dublin, does 10psi sound normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I've no idea, but my outside tap has more pressure than my kitchen. I thought it was from a bogey set of taps but since changed and their the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Its a regulation that an outside tap is fed from your storage tank ,or taken from a pipe fed from your storage tank. Your not suppose to have an outside tap connected to a potable water supply. Most people do though ,but a new build won't pass if it's done this way.

If your mains pressure is crap ,then this is why the outside tap is better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

_Brian_ wrote:
    Its a regulation that an outside tap is fed from your storage tank ,or taken from a pipe fed from your storage tank. Your not suppose to have an outside tap connected to a potable water supply.
    Why?

I never asked to be honest ,would think it's got to do with garden chemicals getting into the drinking water. Contamination getting in by leaving the hose lying in a bucket full of weedkiller.

Thats just a guess ,I just do what I've got to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nusername

The reason I'm actually asking is because 2 of my mates have a €20 bet, one of them says it's 12psi coming from any tap, won't matter once it's coming from the mains, the other lad reckons it's about 30psi.

P.S. South dublin if it makes any difference.

Any ideas :confused:

• Advertisement

Every area is different ,depends on a lot of things . Some houses have 14 psi and some have well over 30psi.

Off the top of my head ,houses around the waterloo road area have no pressure ,so to eastwall area. Finglas has about 14-20psi ,which is about average for most of dublin.

Thats just off the top of my head ,I've no need to take measurements of water pressure for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nusername

Thanks brian, that's the answer I was looking for.

Advertisement