Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cateye computer mount bit - anyone have one?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

I'm missing a bit of a Cateye mount - the bit that attaches the magnet sensor to the fork. I have the actual computer mount and the sensor, this is just the bit that screws into the sensor to fix it to the fork (newer models I believe use adhesive).

Anyone have one of these bits spare? Or any idea where I could pick one up (cheaply)? (The full mount is an option.) I do recall getting a mount from somewhere on the northside a few years ago but can't remember where (was a bit out.)

Can swap a Mity 3 computer for a mount!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Most shops will do spares just call in or make a call and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

So far I'm not having so much luck with that. From a few years back when I was last looking for this very item I recall it was very difficult to find and only this one shop on the northside had the part. I recall the Cateye "part" plastic bag very well. This shop was... no idea. But I do have a vague memory of passing DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think I have the mount kit for a CatEye Mity8 at home (I kept losing the computers). I'll have a look to see if the bit you want is there.

Super, I'd really appreciate it.

I have two mounts with sensors, but I have a feeling that neither are what you need.

See the attached image. You could see if the "Bracket Model 0/Sensor Model H" setup works because it uses cable ties to attach the sensor to the fork.

• Advertisement

Yes, Bracket Model I/Sensor Model E is exactly what I have, also without the fork bracket- funny how that bit goes missing.

Bracket E/Sensor H (use with cable ties) is what comes with the newer computers - I think that would work for me. I could also do with the magnet if you don't need it- have misplaced that since I last looked. There is normally an adhesive pad bit with the sensor I think but not sure if that is essential?

blorg wrote:
    Bracket E/Sensor H (use with cable ties) is what comes with the newer computers - I think that would work for me. I could also do with the magnet if you don't need it- have misplaced that since I last looked. There is normally an adhesive pad bit with the sensor I think but not sure if that is essential?
    Typo in the image, Bracket O is with Sensor H. You can have all the bits (bracket/sensor, magnet and rubber mount). I'll PM to arrange collection/delivery.

Advertisement