Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more lemon starbursts?

• 02-05-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's been so long since I've had a packet. I've got it in front of me and there's only four flavours listed: Orange, Strawberry, Blackcurrent and Lemon & Lime.

They've seen fit to combine lemon and lime to form a sick hybrid! When did this happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Actually, I had a packet of Starburst recently and vaguely registered that there was only a few flavours... Dunno what the story with it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Am i right in saying that that happened years ago? When they were opel fruits... They brought in the purple, and got rid of the yellow.. Then they changed the green (lime) to a light green (lemon and lime). Then they changed the name to starburst... (order of events may be wrong...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think it is just recent. Why do they keep purple and get rid of a nice one? :/

:eek:

Get out of my forum! Tar.Aldarion permanently banned from the Snacks & Sweets forum for such blashphemy!

I think it is just recent. Why do they keep purple and get rid of a nice one? :/

I love purple... Purple and red are the ones i never give away, you can have my green ones though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If I can have your green ones you can have my purple ones. Faith gets nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the green ones were by far the best, after those the red ones were great tho. everything else could be given away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Still got lemon Stateside, my study aid.
    *chews*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Purple Red and Green are my favourite sweetie flavours. I always prefer Yellow to Orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well I know the yellow where gone 2 years ago when I started the Starburst Challenge.

The challenge was to make a single stack and squash it down using just your hands to hold it steady. I did this 2 years ago for a laugh in my office and managed at first 10 as a test and then 20. Today I destroyed that with a 40 stack!! Thats 10 of each colour; Green, Purple, Red & Orange.

2 years ago:
    STARBURSTCHALLENGE.jpg
    RECORD20SB.jpg

Today the 40 challenge:
    40xSTARBURSTS.jpg
    NEWRECORD40.jpg

So Starburst are good and the yellow one is definately missed but if you want to get over it then try the Starburst Burger!

• Advertisement

Oh my god, that's all I can say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

:eek: That looks scary

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh my good god.

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

****s sake mark, Have ye nothing better to do ;)

Not really, mind you with the sugar rush I'm getting at the moment I wouldnt be any use to my job at the mo.

:eek: ok that's disgusting, i want to vomit... However, i also want to make one and eat it... :confused:

Rofl, 6th, nice one! You do eat it right? Because it's a sinful waste of Starburts if you don't!

Its a double edged sword alright dulpit & yes Faith, you eat it but remember that 40 stack I did is like eating 4 packs at once!

Start with one of each colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Did you eat it all in the one sitting? How long did it take you to do? My mouth is watering now, I want a starburst pancake.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

This thread just made me run to the shop and buy some starburst!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Some Shops do Starburst "Sours"

And they are bloody addictive. But oh so sourly sour.

Advertisement