Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 v BF2142

Options
  • 02-05-2007 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, are people still mostly playing BF2 or has there been a majority exodus to 2142? I played the demo of 2142 and liked bits and pieces but it didn't really prompt a purchase.

Should I stick with BF2 or is 2142 worth the money?

What are you playing? 56 votes

BF:2
    0% 0 votes
    BF:2142
    55% 31 votes
    BF:1942 Old school baby
    37% 21 votes
    Atari plx
    7% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I play 2142. I have never owned BF 2 but I would say I have played it for more then 30 hours . I was going to get BF 2 but my clans BF2 devision is dying down so I will just stick with 2142.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Have not touched BF2142. Played a bit of BF2 and enjoyed it, when playing with people I know and at Lan's.

Really though, I still enjoy playing BF1942 and BFV. They are still, in my books, the most enjoyable games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

2142, titan mode is just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Dod:s

pissed off with bf ever since BF2. Bfv ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

2142, its the way to go man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

BF2142 is brilliant but I'd wait and buy quake wars ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Own all them

BF2 is the best :D ...except Infantry only..which has partially ruined the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Played all except 1942 (yes i am a n00b).

prefer 2142 to bf2. the unlocks are nicer, the ranking system better and the teamwork more apparent. One factor could be that I can run 2142 on almost highest settings but bf2 still runs like a three-legged-dehydrated-stunned dog, even after doublin ram, doubling the capability of the graphics card and upgrading the CPU!!!

BF:V is still my favourite overall though. had more atmosphere, or maybe it was just the shiney newness of it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

BF2 Still rocks and I thought the demo of 2142 was woefull..Quake Wars is next on my list or maybe DOD :S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Been playing BF2 loads.

Just got BF2142 and BF:V not so long ago, to check them out fully... and now I'm flogging them on adverts!

'nuff said :rolleyes:

> I totally passed on BF1942 and BFV during the day, and only took the pluge 'fully' with BF2, but I'd rather update my rig over the next few months/years and stick with BF2 (generally don't get much play time these days anyway) which will just get more and more gorgeous with more and more FPS, what with all the various SP and MP mods etc., than restart with a futuristic version - and them future weapons are, and just sound, pants :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I love 2142 tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, I will definitely be getting Quake Wars when it comes out, just need something to tide me over until then. I guess I will stick with BF2 for now, since I already have a key, but whenever I play the game I always think "Wow, this is fantastic" for about a week, then I realise that people are stupid and have no concept of teamwork. I did enjoy the titan mode of 2142, but the rest of it just seemed so half-assed.

Maybe I will invest in DOD:S too. Damn you all, making me buy games!

Keep those opinions coming please :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Likeing BF2 atm

But all time favourite is BFV ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I've gone right back to BFV and am hooked again..playin up to 3hrs a night which is not bad since BF1242 shut down all my gaming interests down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Bf2 ftw but I loved vietnam at the time like with the Hueys and the like . Can't believe it was omitted from the pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, apologies for that, I just kind of bundled it in with 1942/secret weapons et all. I know, I know, very different, but I'm not really in a Vietnam kind of mood. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

bf2142 is a peice of sh*t

bf2 started out good but good ole EA fu*ked it up with the crappy patches and addons

BFV/1942/mods FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

They're both brilliant but I'm bored with BF2. I've played it to death and don't really get much from it anymore.
    2142 is excellent. Give it a chance, you probably wont think much at first but it'll grow on you. Once you really get into titan mode you'll have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Bfv & Bf2 ....... Bfv still gives me goosebumps ....tis a classic !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

but I'm not really in a Vietnam kind of mood. :)

The blasphemy and shame:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hmmmm Nam, soooo appealing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Jackabo wrote:
    Bfv & Bf2 ....... Bfv still gives me goosebumps ....tis a classic !!

The tunes in bfv are better than any of the other games in the series.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

ambro25 wrote:
    Been playing BF2 loads.

Just got BF2142 and BF:V not so long ago, to check them out fully... and now I'm flogging them on adverts!

'nuff said :rolleyes:

> I totally passed on BF1942 and BFV during the day, and only took the pluge 'fully' with BF2, but I'd rather update my rig over the next few months/years and stick with BF2 (generally don't get much play time these days anyway) which will just get more and more gorgeous with more and more FPS, what with all the various SP and MP mods etc., than restart with a futuristic version - and them future weapons are, and just sound, pants :D

Exact same as me....
    BF2 is still a hoot, never enjoyed 2142, just felt wrong to go in the future with this game....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

2142 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

BF2.

I dont like futurstic games. Saying that I have played 2142 and its "ok" id play it if I got it for free.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's hardly that futurstic, you fire bullets not lasers.

Only 'futurstic' thing about it is probably the Titans.

Walkers are just tanks with legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Suppose your right! Its still not my cup of tea anywho :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

played bf2 and 2142,
    and when first started playin 2142 i was thinkin that its defo not as good as bf2,
    but now it is good, prob could be better in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    played bf2 and 2142,
    and when first started playin 2142 i was thinkin that its defo not as good as bf2,
    but now it is good, prob could be better in its own way.

YEah I'd agree with you. When you first start playing 2142 , its underwhelming, but after a while it begins to get very enjoyable indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

YEah I'd agree with you. When you first start playing 2142 , its underwhelming, but after a while it begins to get very enjoyable indeed.

I reckon 2142 is better balanced over all. There's much less constant dying to vehicles, due in part to the commander posessing EMP strike weapons, and troops having access to EMP grenades and mines. No planes certainly helps. The maps certainly seem much more infantry friendly as well. I'd rather this was all done in the BF2 setting though. It'd be nice if they backported the improvements to BF2 along with some new maps.

Advertisement