Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 v BF2142

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Spear wrote:
    I reckon 2142 is better balanced over all. There's much less constant dying to vehicles, due in part to the commander posessing EMP strike weapons, and troops having access to EMP grenades and mines. No planes certainly helps. The maps certainly seem much more infantry friendly as well. I'd rather this was all done in the BF2 setting though. It'd be nice if they backported the improvements to BF2 along with some new maps.

id have to disagree with that.
    if anything this game is majorly vehicle dependent!
    i rarely see people or myself spawn somewhere where theres not a vehicle.
    tbh i hate spawning when i wont have a transport ship.
    and the maps are so big you need a vehicle to et around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    id have to disagree with that.
    if anything this game is majorly vehicle dependent!
    i rarely see people or myself spawn somewhere where theres not a vehicle.
    tbh i hate spawning when i wont have a transport ship.
    and the maps are so big you need a vehicle to et around.

My view is almost certainly biased that way since I stick to city maps in conquest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Spear wrote:
    My view is almost certainly biased that way since I stick to city maps in conquest mode.

And I'd guess Br4t plays mainly titan maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

As had been said already, it takes a bit to get into 2142, but it really starts to grow on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Vietnam easily the best in the series.
    The soundtrack, helis, playing music in your tank, the weapons, shooting down helis with an SA7...im still at a loss to figure out why there was no SA7 equivalent in BF2. Not having any kind of defence against helis (apart from TOW missiles etc) meant total heli rape on bigger maps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

And I'd guess Br4t plays mainly titan maps.

not as much as i used to.
    well lately i have been but mainly cos a mate only just got into the game,and he likes titan.
    but i like assault lines more.
    and ive been enjoying conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

d22ontour wrote:
    The tunes in bfv are better than any of the other games in the series.

:D

Especially the fact you could add your own :)
    i used to have a deadly playlist of the best Vietnam tunes :rolleyes:

The Doors - The End
    Thin Lizzy - Boys are Back in Town
    CCR - Fortunate Son
    Edwinn Starr - WAR
    Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash/Paint it Black
    Golden Earring - Radar Love
    Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild
    George Thorgood - Bad to the Bone

Just to name a few :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Zillah wrote:
    As had been said already, it takes a bit to get into 2142, but it really starts to grow on you.

I think that was the same with BFV when it was first released. If i remember correctly, when I got it and played it first i didnt like it that much and went back into DC. However, I stuck with it for a few more hours and it really quickly grew on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

BF:V was great fun (apart from the lag at the temple!!) and very atmospheric. I agree that the music was a great touch and has yet to be equalled. What turned me off it though was the lack of team play on public servers. 1 chopper + 1 gunner wiped out flags. No-one took anti air.

BF2: I really liked. Again though, public servers still lacked in teamplay (I was probably just on the wrong servers). The complete lack of anti-air for infantry annoyed me. By the time the ground based defenses got a lock, you were already dead from the jet. but Karkand , daquang oilfield were still great fun. (dune buggy!!!!!)

BF 2142: I'm a sci-fi fan. I love futuristic games. 2142 isnt as far flung into the future as some people seem to fear it is. Its still very close to BF2 tech. I do find it a lot more balanced than either bf:v or bf2 (ok you have to get unlocks to get it balanced 'cos you're pretty crap right out of the gates) but you get the essentials pretty quickly. I find the teamplay much better and there are tangible rewards for squad based play. You get field upgrades (a great way to test out equipment!) for playing as part of a squad, resupply, kill assists with squad memebrs, heals, repairs, success points etc. Playing as part of a squad you get a lot more points than playing solo. Yes, there are still crap servers out there where commanders dont give orders , neither do squad leaders but these, or me have been few and far between.

I dont like the goliath though. You hammer away at it then some lucky git hits it once and gets all the kills.... admittedly you get points for destroying the blue bits.. its the same with any armour. pity they cant record the damage you do to it and you get something even if you're not the one to destroy it completely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skylerr

I've played most of all the series and have only stuck with Bf2142. The thing that made it stick for me was only when I got into a clan and played using TS. There is nothing worse than trying to play 2142 without teamwork or with a useless commander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Titan mode just blows everything away for me. I've never been a big teamwork fan, i usually just go off and do my own thing. Teams slow me down, i actually look forward to the teamwork in titan mode once the shields are down. Also like the teamwork put into taking down the goliath. 2142 definately. takes time to get into it, but oce in your hooked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Only bought BF2 and I've never got bored of it!

Advertisement