Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia n95 on vodafone

• 02-05-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

in the vodafone shop today,they said its going to be released in the next six weeks,personally i think if we see it buy the end of the summer we will be doing well,if it does come out ill be sick i got mine sim free !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

rahenyguy wrote:
    in the vodafone shop today,they said its going to be released in the next six weeks,personally i think if we see it buy the end of the summer we will be doing well,if it does come out ill be sick i got mine sim free !

Why? They'll only cripple it and lock it not to mention the fact that you will pay for it upfront and then some afterwards on a lovely Vodafone Ireland 18 month contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is it possible to get the vodafone 5gb data add-on for the N95 rather than the data card / usb modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi There,

Any Boards.ie member in the know on when Vodafone will be stocking the N95???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

no idea but it is also coming out on O2 and i would be very surprised if it wasnt earlier than 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

culabula

Do you really think you are better off just buying the phone and not getting it cheaper with a new Bill phone option?

• Advertisement

culabula

Do you really think you are better off just buying the phone and not getting it cheaper with a new Bill phone option?

Clearly not as I bought my own on O2 UK -might as well pay 500GBP over a year and get minutes and texts as opposed to paying 500GBP+ upfront JUST for a phone.

But then, I also knew it would neither be crippled or locked on O2 UK; God knows what they'll do on Voda IRL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

culabula

Its better buying it sim free rather then buying it on vodafone as theres too much branding and its going to be locked.Also know one knows for sure when its coming out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

easy to debrand, trivial even :p

Sponge Bob wrote:
    easy to debrand, trivial even :p

Not with a vodafone logo on the bloody cover.And vodafone box etc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got my N73 from Vodafone but there's not a single bit of branding on the casing of the phone. It even came in the Nokia box.
    Must've gotten lucky!

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:
    I got my N73 from Vodafone but there's not a single bit of branding on the casing of the phone. It even came in the Nokia box.
    Must've gotten lucky!

Then you must be lucky as they are the worst for branding their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Slurms wrote:
    Must've gotten lucky!

Sometimes the first release of the phones are unbranded, unlocked, etc.
    When I got my 6680 from Vodafone it was like that and was in the first delivery of 6680's to the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Yup I've an N73... got it the first week Vodafone had it and its completely unbranded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Forgive me if this has been asked many times before but I cant find an answer...

Can I buy a Vodafone N95 say in the UK (Shop or Ebay) and pop my just Irish sim into it? or does it not work like that?? Also if not how easy are they to unlock like is it a home PC job or send it off?

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

god's toy wrote:
    Forgive me if this has been asked many times before but I cant find an answer...

Can I buy a Vodafone N95 say in the UK (Shop or Ebay) and pop my just Irish sim into it? or does it not work like that?? Also if not how easy are they to unlock like is it a home PC job or send it off?

Thanks for your help.
    can we please get this stickified?

no vodafone ireland and vodafone uk are completely different companies as far as the sim cards are concerned

at least you asked before buying it unlike a lot of people :D

up until very recently you could only get the n95 unlocked by the network who sold it but a few of those types of phones (with the bb5 locking system) can be unlocked now so that might be one of them

edit: a quick look on the net suggests the n95 still can't be unlocked by anyone except voda uk

Ah I see. Thanks for the info! Was thinking the next time I go to the UK I could get one but looks like thats a no go... Nope I didnt buy off Ebay just yet, kinda waiting for the factory unlocked ones but people still want far too much for them and I heard the story of people being stung.. Wonder if the 'Hong Kong' one are ok?.... someone said they are on the way over to us on voda but I heard that one last year too.

You saved me headache! Thanks.

(agree this should be sticky info!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

If I bought a Nokia N95 on Orange UK will they unlock it for me (for a certain fee of course)??

wba88 wrote:
    If I bought a Nokia N95 on Orange UK will they unlock it for me (for a certain fee of course)??

How does that work, Like do you just ring up a call centre in the UK and tell them your in Ireland, you have one and you would like it unlocked? They ask for a CC number and your done?
    I would be up for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

does anyone know firstly if this phone is wifi? and secondly if the xda orbit is better? thanks

god's toy wrote:
    How does that work, Like do you just ring up a call centre in the UK and tell them your in Ireland, you have one and you would like it unlocked? They ask for a CC number and your done?

To both posters -NO, it doesn't work!

You can't get a phone on a UK network without taking out a contract: you have to serve the contract OR pay it off upfront before they will entertain unlocking it, fee or otherwise.

And, if you were going to get an N95 on any contract, then it might as well be on O2 UK via e2save.com where at least they ARE unlocked.

But, what's the point? You may as well buy it sim-free.

• Advertisement

tabatha wrote:
    does anyone know firstly if this phone is wifi? and secondly if the xda orbit is better? thanks

all information pertaining to the phone is freely available on the web! Take a look.

culabula wrote:
    all information pertaining to the phone is freely available on the web! Take a look.

thanks smartass, i already have...cant seem to find it, which is why i asked which im sure forums are for.

tabatha wrote:
    thanks smartass, i already have...cant seem to find it, which is why i asked which im sure forums are for.

You can't find Nokia.com??
    You can't find allaboutsymbian.com
    You can't find nokia-n95.net

I seriously doubt that.

god's toy wrote:
    What i would do is tell them i moved and now live in the UK (that will sort out the accent) and i am going back to Ireland for a long weekend. I have my own irish sim card and would like to use it in my new phone and ask could they help me out. Then pray a lil bit lol

look if you dont want to answer the question just leave me alone. im sure someone will help me thanks.

tabatha wrote:
    look if you dont want to answer the question just leave me alone. im sure someone will help me thanks.

Try helping yourself.

http://nseries.com/nseries/index.html#l=products,n95

culabula wrote:
    To both posters -NO, it doesn't work!

You can't get a phone on a UK network without taking out a contract: you have to serve the contract OR pay it off upfront before they will entertain unlocking it, fee or otherwise.

And, if you were going to get an N95 on any contract, then it might as well be on O2 UK via e2save.com where at least they ARE unlocked.

But, what's the point? You may as well buy it sim-free.
    Well actually i would be getting the phone off someone who upgraded and doesnt want it so i wouldnt need a contract just information about whether or not they will unlock it for me.

wba88 wrote:
    What i would do is tell them i moved and now live in the UK (that will sort out the accent) and i am going back to Ireland for a long weekend. I have my own irish sim card and would like to use it in my new phone and ask could they help me out. Then pray a lil bit lol

You would be prepared to take out a contract costing hundreds of pounds just to go through that rigmarole? What is the point?

please see my last post

• Advertisement

wba88 wrote:
    please see my last post

Ah, that hadn't come in at the time, sorry.

Nevertheless that is still not going to work: the N95 is TOO recent for the owner to have made any inroads into his or her contract. Consequently, the contract would need to be paid off in full before they would entertain selling the unlock code.

Advertisement