Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia n95 on vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Nota bene lads, there's a new firmware on the way very soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

There was me about to post that I heard it had been released on Vodafone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Yup, I was in carphone warehouse yesterday and they said the it started off around 370 on vodaphone bill pay, then goes up to around 450 depending on option, they also said 599 for pay as you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

How much is this phone sim free lads? Can it be purchased in Carhonewarehouse?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

20LEgend wrote:
    How much is this phone sim free lads? Can it be purchased in Carhonewarehouse?

Cheers

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=141579

theres cheaper. theres google.

• Advertisement

Got it today. They are 600 euro on RTG by the way and the handsets are not branded. Also looking like they are not network locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

which is what we were thinking as they were trying to beat O2 to market on this one, part of why they appeared earlier than expected :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

JNive wrote:
    which is what we were thinking as they were trying to beat O2 to market on this one, part of why they appeared earlier than expected :-)

I'm sorry -what do you mean? What were you thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

was talking to a sales dude in the vodafone shop in dundrum earlier....

469 bill pay for the cheapest tarriff....
    599 on pre-pay

He didn't know if it was branded/voip locked or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

voip is locked but it can be unlocked

• Advertisement

Just spoke with a voda rep on the phone. Didn't have a clue re N95 upgrade availability or otherwise.
    Cited a release date as "end of june/july".
    Did I not say the secret password or something?
    Is it out on voda or not? Don't see anything on the site but that's nothing new. Got the E61 through a shop weeks before it was listed on the site...
    So, can anyone confirm if its available now on upgrade or not please..
    And if it is, is it unlocked?
    Cheers.
    Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Guys just got some news from the guy who deals on behalf of nokia with the networks.He is the main man involved in getting these on the networks he said most of the phones on vodafone wont be branded and also he said they will be on vodafone very soon,They are just waiting on some sort of software.I will get more info soon.

when I was in dundrum yesterday....I was under the impression I could buy it was available there and then.

Think someone posted in this thread that they got one on vodafone.

drdre wrote:
    Guys just got some news from the guy who deals on behalf of nokia with the networks.He is the main man involved in getting these on the networks he said most of the phones on vodafone wont be branded and also he said they will be on vodafone very soon,They are just waiting on some sort of software.I will get more info soon.

The reason it was released unbranded is because it apparently takes Nokia an age to get customised software/OS out to networks. Considering it has been out on the UK networks a while now, I am guessing that they prioritise the larger networks.

when I was in dundrum yesterday....I was under the impression I could buy it was available there and then.

I bought it in the Vodafone store in Dundrum on Friday.

The reason it was released unbranded is because it apparently takes Nokia an age to get customised software/OS out to networks. Considering it has been out on the UK networks a while now, I am guessing that they prioritise the larger networks.

Yep thats what he said.It was something to do with sotfware and they wanted it out quick.Maybe in afew weeks they might start branding them :(

Yeah you are right but they are not readily available in every store in ireland but will be very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

so basically, buy it while you can if you want it unbranded or unlocked hehe :-)

JNive wrote:
    so basically, buy it while you can if you want it unbranded or unlocked hehe :-)

yeah because vodafone are the worst at branding their phones.They brand everywhere they can find a tiny space. :( Thats why i wouldnt buy any phones from them

I bought it in the Vodafone store in Dundrum on Friday.

Cool. Can you confirm if the VOIP feature is enabled or disabled?

Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement

Cool. Can you confirm if the VOIP feature is enabled or disabled?

Thanks a mill.

I have the option to configure a SIP profile in the settings but have not gone any further than that. No interest in VoIP at all.

drdre wrote:
    Yep thats what he said.It was something to do with sotfware and they wanted it out quick.Maybe in afew weeks they might start branding them :(

They will... Naturally, the want the user experience to be as standard as possible across all handsets. Roll on a standardised UI across all brands :|

Am about to get one in the next couple of days I think. Would appreciate if someone can confirm that the handset is unlocked on vodafone? Would like to put my 3 sim in it occasionally....
    Cheers.

Got the phone yesterday but iam having trouble using the GPS.

Can someone explain to me how to get it working. When i go into "maps" i get a picture of a satellite in the bottom right cornor with a red X beside it. What should my network settings be?

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The X means it can't see any satellites. Press GPS position and it will show the last position it had, then after a few secs/mins it should lock on to your current position. FYI the phone should be outdoors and the keypad slider down.

Good stuff i'll give that a try.

Do i need to do anything when i go into maps or do i just leave it and wait for it to connect?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think it should just do it itself, although I go to options -> view -> satellite info. It will then have hollow boxes with numbers and when it gets a sat lock the boxes go fully black.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pigck29

delly wrote:
    I think it should just do it itself, although I go to options -> view -> satellite info. It will then have hollow boxes with numbers and when it gets a sat lock the boxes go fully black.

how much???:D

• Advertisement

pigck29 wrote:
    how much???:D
    Eh....?

Advertisement