Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL on and off all night?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Fishdog, don't quote the bits you want of my posts that suit you... I asked if it could be placed INSIDE the balcony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

mikedragon32 Im not trying to be smat but clearly on the balcony is not allowed !! If you dont believe me ask the management company! Sorry I dont make the rules.

I'm not doubting that it's against the rules. I'm questioning your motives in only quoting part of my post, leaving out the part where I qualified my query.

Not that I give two monkeys, I'm in a townhouse, but I was wondering on behalf of the poster I was responding to. We already have a dish, thanks very much :)

If you notice I also made a suggestion for a sensible solution. Who wants a dish on their balcony if they can avoid it??

I just found your suggestion strange due to your previous posts. :D

I have seen some apartments with what appears to be a dish "hidden" in the corner of their balconies. I was wondering I guess what the status is of those.

• Advertisement

Offically not allowed. However people do it like the houses and get away with it.

You will loose space on your balcony. Stand in front of the dish and you will not get a signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

fishdog wrote: »
    I do not work for any satallite and never will
    I do not work for any cable company and never will

I worked as an electrical contractor in the area for sevral years, not anymore, so this is not an add just free advice.

Every time I installed wiring for satellite TV the customer was happy with picture quality, sound, price and reliability.

Every time a house was wired for cable TV the customer was disappointed. The reasons were generally, picture quality and reliability.

However Sky can be most unhelpfull at times. Once you are set up you normally do not have to deal with them again.

There are also many good free to air satellite systems that you can get quality stations on for free, such as BBC1,2,3,4 Channel4 ITV1,2,3,4 and many more.

Cable TV is on the way out in my opinion. NTL and similar are not investing properly in the network. Picture quality at best is OK never fantastic. With so many large LCD and plasma screens in use unless signal quality is perfect the picture will be bad.

Get a dish!!!

I notice a lot of dishes all over Charlesland NTL/UPC reception is very bad also the broadband is rubbish we lost it every night for the past two weeks, no wonder a lot of people are getting Sky.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Super digital here and 30mb constant broadband in the Fairways. Get NTL out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bido wrote: »
    I notice a lot of dishes all over Charlesland NTL/UPC reception is very bad also the broadband is rubbish we lost it every night for the past two weeks, no wonder a lot of people are getting Sky.:mad:

no need to resurrect a 3 year old thread though...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Super digital here and 30mb constant broadband in the Fairways. Get NTL out
    What ever happened to super?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Dear sir,

This is NUMBER X of many similar titled messages you will receive from Charlesland with regards to the NTL "service" you provide to Charlesland via your MMDS system.

I would appreciate it therefore if you would first of all, acknowledge that an overall problem does exist (i.e as opposed to with my individual set-top box) and provide me with an acceptable response as to what steps you will take to rectify the issue.

The multitude of forums, message posts etc. confirm the absolute lack of concern shown by your company for any of your customers.

Furthermore, I would appreciate if you did not continue to pass our home phone number to the multitude of Indian/Pakistani call centres that call our home on daily basis.

Finally, there are currently a number of competitor offers for Tv/Broadband/Phone etc. in the area that we are seriously considering instead of NTL/UPC.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Why? my NTL service is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Why? my NTL service is brilliant

I have to agree with you. Very few problems and any issues where cleared up within a few hours!

Advertisement