Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keyboard Conundrum

• 02-05-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has run into a problem with a keyboard not working with USB and only working on PS-2. I bought a bog standard usb keyboard however for some reason my machine (Win 2K) wont recognise the keyboard at all in any USB port. There isnt even power going to the keyboard from what I can see (cap locks LED doesnt light up). The funny thing is it works perfectly when I use it with a PS2 connector. Has anyone seen anything like this before because I cant find much about it on Google.

It normally wouldnt be an issue to simply use the PS2 connection and it has served me well for the past two years however I have recently bought a Mac Mini and also a USB KVM so I need to get it working with the USB port. Any and all input welcome.

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Do other usb devices work in the same port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

IIRC, Windows 2000 doesn't support USB peripherals in "DOS mode".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the feedback, yep all other USB devices work and windows is not running in dos mode.

Dave

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Is USB Keyboard disabled in the bios?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Guys,

Yep I have enabled USB to be handled by the BIOS in the BIOS for both the keyboard and the mouse. At one stage 2K installed a generic driver for a USK KVM device, no drivers came with the KVM. Ive also tried the keyboard in two ther PC's (no problems) and tried another keyboard in the KVM (same problem)

Dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement