Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vaio sound problems with vista

• 02-05-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Just bought a brand new sony vaio laptop and installed windows vista home on it.. now theres no sound.. when i booted it up for the first time sound seemed ok with the os that was pre installed..now it says "no audio output device installed." even though theres an audio codec under my devices and says its working correctly.tried troubleshootin it but its no good.. a friend says i shound install xp on it as vista is supposed to be problematic.. is it a matter of gettin a new sound card/driver or switchin os?? or maybe just restoring it to the original config? any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Did u try going to the vaiolink website and getting vista drivers from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PAINLESS

i did but they didn't have them for my model vgn-ar31e.. i've been messin with it all day tried the restore to default settings. now its got the crappy pre installed os on it and wont let me reinstall the new one. i got sound back but now ive nothing else. not even the touchpad is working. basically what ive got now is a 1600 euro cd player. ill haveta send it back to them.
    cheers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You can find the drivers with a little bit of work as there are only a handful of vendors for certain equipment e.g sound Realtek, ADI or C-Media.

Known specifications;
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 - no drivers required
    Intel chipset - no drivers required
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 - Vista drivers - modded INF in case they don't install, drop into folder & re-run setup.exe
    Memory Card slot - no drivers required I think

My guess;
    Synaptic's touchpad - Vista drivers
    For sound if you want to know the make go into the device manager and it should say something under the audio controllers that will ID the make if you want the drivers in case of anything.

Advertisement