Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US/IRL] 3x19 - "The Brig" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah she'll pop up exploding summat in the finale im sure!

sayid. is. never. wrong!
    naomi is the devil

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Brilliant episode. Best of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

good episode

few points:

I reckon Naomi is telling the truth, she is following the EMP that came about when Desmond turned teh key. They got a set of co-ordinates from that, and they have now tracked them. The fact she mentioned Desmond, i dont think the others care about him or are even fully aware.

The secret that Jack and Juliet have is that she is playing Ben. That she has told Jack that she is leaving them tapes, so that they will be ready for them when they come.

One more point. Michael and Walt must not have reached the 'outside' world yet. If they had, well then people would know that everyone didnt die in the plane crash!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

event wrote:
    One more point. Michael and Walt must not have reached the 'outside' world yet. If they had, well then people would know that everyone didnt die in the plane crash!
    I'm not so sure about this. Remember this exchange between Ben and Michael:
    Michael: How do you know I won't tell people about where I was?

Ben: Maybe you will, maybe you won't. But it won't matter. Once you leave, you'll never be able to get back here. And my hunch is you won't say a word to anybody because if you do, people will find out what you did to get your son back.
    I think he's right, Michael would be glad he got away and keep his mouth shut, for a while anyway. And if he did say anything who knows what might happen to him. Whoever covered up the plane-crash is very powerful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

basquille wrote:
    ABC (US) - April 2th 2007
    Sky One (UK/IRL) - April 6th 2007
    RTÉ2 (UK/IRL) - April 7th 2007

[/B]

think the dates are wrong here - as in prob shouldnt be April. Maybe already posted in the thread but I didnt want to read any of it just in case....read the spoiler and it fceking sound like a new episode (for IRL that is )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Everyone seems to be comparing Lost with Heroes. I love both shows but I think it's unfair to compare them. The writers on Heroes are throwing everything at the current episodes, which are brilliant, but I can see them running out of steam next season. I hope I'm wrong though.

From the beginning the writers on Lost have taken a slower paced approach in which things are revealed gradually, little by little, instead of squashing everything into one episode. They're in for the long haul. This can make for frustrating viewing but that's just the way the show is. Everyone loved the first season but we weren't getting any more answers then either. I mean, it took them half a season to get into the hatch.

Speaking for myself, I find the questions more exciting than the answers. It's the journey that's everything, not the destination.

I'm still loving Heroes though :)

o, i completely agree! i love lost and heroes for verrrry different reasons, the only line of comparison im drawing between them is the fact that theyre both tv shows im obsessed with at the moment!

lost is best watched when you see a full series over 3 days, while heroes i can handle waiting a week because the writers dont seem to mind answering as they go...

i find heroes to be a lot more audience friendly than lost, heroes is constantly keeping the viewer in mind while lost is much more about making the viewer work for the pay off... in my opinion.

loving them both til the end though, whether i like it or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

I'm not so sure about this. Remember this exchange between Ben and Michael:

I think he's right, Michael would be glad he got away and keep his mouth shut, for a while anyway. And if he did say anything who knows what might happen to him. Whoever covered up the plane-crash is very powerful...

Because we have no evidence that confirms Michael and Walt left the island and returned to the real world we can't say for sure they're not still on "the island" or dead (whatever that means in the current context). I think we know from flashbacks that Michael and Walt have little or no family in the real world so perhaps, in theory, they could return without revealing information about the flight. However, more importantly, didn't they hint, at least twice, that Walt had some kind of special power? Presumably the writers will tied up that loose end in either revealing information about Walk through flashbacks from remaining characters perspectives, their return to the island, or coverage of their life off the island post-crash.

I only started Lost after the end of the second series, so I watched a lot of them in a very short space of time. I have to admit the weekly wait in combination with multiple plot lines makes the whole experience frustrating, so much so, I'm considering not watching any more until series is complete (I know I won't last though).

What I preferred about PrisonBreak to Lost is that Prisonbreak usually started off from whence it finished in the previous episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What I preferred about PrisonBreak to Lost is that Prisonbreak usually started off from whence it finished in the previous episode.

LOST and Prison Break are to complete opposite shows. If the writers of LOST did do the show the way they do, i.e. the flashbacks people would not have a single clue about what is going on. Some of the flashbacks have been so important in LOST that without them the show would make no sense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I can't understand who people don't believe in Naomi. We know that Desmond has a g/f that will do everything to find him. We know that she did find him so it makes sense that she sends a rescue team. The rescue team don't see the island because radar doesn't allow them to (the same way electronic equipment doesn't work) and she only happens upon it when she actually sees it.

IMHO Naomi is for real, Kate is a little silly, Jack knows something that has nothing to do with the fact that device won't work (He replies "Not yet" when asked if they should tell Kate.

Overall a great episode. Most of us has guessed that Locke's dad was the guy that Sawyer was really after sometime last year but it was good to see it confirmed. It was clear as to who Locke had reallt kidnapped also but that just built up the suspense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

logik wrote:
    LOST and Prison Break are to complete opposite shows. If the writers of LOST did do the show the way they do, i.e. the flashbacks people would not have a single clue about what is going on. Some of the flashbacks have been so important in LOST that without them the show would make no sense.

Lost, Prison Break and Heroes are the three best shows on TV/PC these days and we should be happy that we get to watch them all. Heroes is my favourite but they are three very different shows. There are some similarities though: both Lost and Heroes have babes called Claire and Nikki in them and the world is a better place because of it. :)

Back on the subject of the Others bringing Locke's father to the island: who else might they bring to feck with the Losties' heads? (I know communications with the outside world seem to be down for now but it won't always be that way.) Sawyer has a daughter called Clementine in the outside world (daughter of Cassidy Philips). She might turn up because otherwise what was the point of introducing her? It would be an interesting development, especially if Kate is pregnant.

The way Locke got Sawyer to kill his father was significant - Locke showed Ben-like manipulation skills. Maybe Lost will end with Locke staying on the island and becoming the new leader of the Others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Sawyer has a daughter called Clementine in the outside world (daughter of Cassidy Philips). She might turn up because otherwise what was the point of introducing her?

I was just thinking about that. I reckon the time thing must play a part in it. Like she'll be 10 or something when Sawyer sees her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Anybody else notice that the women locke was helping with her tent was the air hostess from the plane. And later it showed her with the two kids who were kidnapped at the start of series 1.

Can't remember what happened to her, did she get kidnapped or something. Anyway she seems happy enough to be hanging around with the others. What ya think?

agamemnon wrote:
    The way Locke got Sawyer to kill his father was significant - Locke showed Ben-like manipulation skills. Maybe Lost will end with Locke staying on the island and becoming the new leader of the Others.

Never thought of that until you mentioned it, hmm nice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Anybody else notice that the women locke was helping with her tent was the air hostess from the plane. And later it showed her with the two kids who were kidnapped at the start of series 1.

Can't remember what happened to her, did she get kidnapped or something. Anyway she seems happy enough to be hanging around with the others. What ya think?

Yep, that was Cindy. She and kids were kidnapped from the tail section survivors as we saw last season in "The Other 38 Days". She also appeared in 3x09, during Juliet's trial, she said they came to "watch".

Aye she was actually the ONLY air hostess to survive the crash.

• Advertisement

This one gets a 7 from me,I quite enjoyed it-though like some I'm half expecting at this stage to see Lockes dad wriggling in that sack by the time he reaches the others new camp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Didn't think it was a 10/10 as some said, but certainly keeping up with the winning streak. Again, having read about Cooper being the real Sawyer, it wasn't really that suspenseful, but nice to have some closure on that at least. Cooper's whole 'hell' thing was hilarious, too.

But that ominous Jack and Juliet comment? That is why I watch Lost. I cannot wait for the last three now. Waiting for a bloodbath :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

isnt "should we tell her?" the whole submarine blowing up and it been the only way off the island storyline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I gave this ep a 9 based on the interesting questions it posed. I can't wait until next week's episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

isnt "should we tell her?" the whole submarine blowing up and it been the only way off the island storyline?

Don't think so because James mentioned to Locke that he knows he blew up the sub. Nice to see there is some communication going on.

Good enough episode but I have to agree that since I started watching Prison Break and Heroes, I kinda don't enjoy Lost as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'd give this episode a 7, I would have scored it higher if it wasn't for that whole "Should we tell her?" thing, it was the most annoying thing the writers have ever done on the show.

One more thing, how come the others have never come for Desmond, I would have thought that being able to see into the future would make him a bit more special than Locke.

I think your right. But (as already mentioned above) she knew about the submarine blowing up, or at least Sawyer did so I assume Kate does too. But she probably doesn't know that it was the *only* way off the island. So the big secret is probably that there is a electromagnetic shield that surrounds the island preventing planes, ships, helicopters etc from getting close. When Ben was giving Jack his ticket home he would have explained this and that the sub is able to go beneath and/or breach the shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The "Should we tell her?" thing didn't bother me at all. We'll find out sooner or later, I was satisfied with the Locke/Sawyer/Cooper storyline in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

another terrible ep imo...this show is approching beyond redemtion.....shame given the fantasic first season,and half of the second season

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

another terrible ep imo...this show is approching beyond redemtion.....shame given the fantasic first season,and half of the second season

Have we being watching the same show??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

/edit: Oops, mis-read your post.

Still, I think you're wrong, but that's just my opinion. What about the past few episodes is it that you didn't like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The show is completely redeeming itself. Up until the last 2 or 3 episodes, I agree that the show was on a downhill slope, but it's obviously starting to make it's way back up again imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

best episode of series 3 IMO... I was losing interest will all those fillups but now i can hardly wait for the next one! A 10 from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Exactly I have been disappointed with this season and this has been far the best. Hope they keep the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

I never knew josh Holloway had it in him. He has really developed as an actor since the pilot. This was definantely his Emmy episode. Loved the episode as a whole. The return of the Black Rock was a nice call-back. My favourite scene was when locke asked Rousseau what she was doing and she replied so casually "Getting Dynamite"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Best Ep yet.

It's offical though! I'm getting on a plane and heading to the island to kill jack!!!

Thats very harsh mate, if anything the show has started to redeem itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fantastic stuff. Another 10/10 from me (and i'm not easily pleased, D.O.C was 5/10 for me).

"Should we tell her" .. 'that theres a statistically good chance she is pregnant, she might be abducted in 3 days time and we need her to go into hiding' would be my guess at what that bit near the end was about.

Sayid is so on the ball, he's the only one of the group who seems to ask the right questions. (Locke was slighly annoying with the Other guy who was opening up to him, ask him some key questions ffs).

Sawyer brilliant as always. Did he call Locke a Baldy Bastard?

Liked Ben explaining early doors that 'The Magic Box' was just a metaphor... seemed to be the writers quickly putting a stop to people who hilariously believed that there might be an actual magic box.

Anyone out there any theories as to why Bens rate of recovery from his surgery has suddenly increased... has he done something that the island likes him again ?

AJs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Or is it being around Locke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

10/10 for me. That was quite possibly my favourite episode ever of Lost. Josh Holloway was amazing in it! I've always liked Sawyer, but mostly for his looks. Now his acting has been brought up to scratch too. I'm slightly terrified that he'll be killed off now his backstory is pretty much resolved.

Loved Locke in this episode. I know some people have criticised how he manipulated Sawyer, but I think he did the right thing. Sawyer needed to meet the original Sawyer and confront him. He needed to give him a chance to redeem himself which original Sawyer chose not to take. Our Sawyer can now put his demons behind him. Hopefully the original one will stay dead. I wondered as well why Locke just didn't cut off his head...

Loved the interaction between Desmond and Sayid. I'm not sure if I've ever seen them in a scene together before but they worked really well together here. And Hurley is once again the worst liar in the world. I'm hoping Kate running to Jack is part of some plan her and Sayid have cooked up, because I genuinely like Kate and don't want to believe she is that stupid as to trust Jack at the expense of the trust the others put in her. I think the secret that Jack and Juliet are keeping relates to some reason why they can't communicate with the outside world or some plan they have in place to deal with the Others.

I loved the casualness of Rousseau and Locke's little interaction. Count me in with those who think she has a plan to get to Alex. And count me in with those who think Ben deliberately let Locke get the tape recorder so that whatever Juliet is planning won't work.

And yay! Richard is back. I'm hoping that he is answering to Jacob and not to Ben. It would be interesting if there were a small resistance group inside the Others' camp. Maybe we'll see Locke as the new leader of the Others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Sorry for going of the plot but does anyone know when last night eposide will be repeated on RTE

Glenman wrote:
    Sorry for going of the plot but does anyone know when last night eposide will be repeated on RTE

No idea, if you need to watch it again then i suggest you get the ep a "different" way :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Normally repeated on RTE2 sometime near midnight Sat night/Sun morning, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Yep, that was Cindy. She and kids were kidnapped from the tail section survivors as we saw last season in "The Other 38 Days". She also appeared in 3x09, during Juliet's trial, she said they came to "watch".

This is what I hated about this ep, stupid she is only gone a few weeks
    and she's happy to live with them ?? what was she brainwashed ?
    no one would be happy to live there after being kidnapped by the
    group that killed & terrorised fellow survivors ...

getting stupid this show is ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I think there's more to Cindy than just getting their and kidnapped. She seemed to be taken from the Ana Lucia squad a little too easily and a little too quietly.
    Gillie wrote:
    Best Ep yet.

It's offical though! I'm getting on a plane and heading to the island to kill jack!!!

You can't he's a fictional charachter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

great episode - liked the-tie in between Locke/Sawyer/Cooper

Brilliant planning by Locke to solve his problem without
    getting his own hand 'dirty' ...

I still have my doubts about Naomi's story about parachuting
    from a failing helicopter - esp. as I think she said she was the
    pilot.

Shane.

So what do you think about Lockes Dad ?
    How did he get on the island ?
    is he dead back in the US? and then has appeared on the Island ? (getting iffy)
    or did (hopefully) t'others bring him here to help Locke bury the past.
    I don't mind strange things happening on the Island (most can have scientific explanations) , but when it extends to the outside world it's getting too ridiculous-- The producers/writers have PROMISED they are not in heaven/hell/purgatory .. they are not dead .. so how are they going to explain my next point about the plane being found 4 miles under the surface on a trench floor ???

Unless she (Naomi) is lying or mistaking but that would be a cheap way of
    explaining what she said.. the writers would have been better off never introducing such an idea .. unless there is an ingenius idea coming up to explain it...

but the only way i see a way out is to go to all multiple dimensions ...
    nah getting to messy too much like Star Trek .. we don't want that..

Kanney wrote:
    I think there's more to Cindy than just getting their and kidnapped. She seemed to be taken from the Ana Lucia squad a little too easily and a little too quietly.

yeah good point actually.. I hope so .. because she is changed too quickly..
    it might emerge this way ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I think Naomi is a liar. I think Mikhaeil recognised her, so she said "I'm Not Alone". I think the languages she spoke were to see which language she could use that the Losties didnt know so she could communicate with Mikhaeil who was running to her rescuse and not to the flare. After all, Sayid has been right before, she gave him the sat phone, so the camp would be getting hopeful and let their guard down for the new purge.

Kanney wrote:
    I think Naomi is a liar. I think Mikhaeil recognised her, so she said "I'm Not Alone". I think the languages she spoke were to see which language she could use that the Losties didnt know so she could communicate with Mikhaeil who was running to her rescuse and not to the flare. After all, Sayid has been right before, she gave him the sat phone, so the camp would be getting hopeful and let their guard down for the new purge.

Kinda have to agree with you on that. I thought she could be lying from the moment she landed. Sayid asks all the right questions all the time which is why i like him so much. She gave Sayid the Sat phone maybe to only give the losties the impression she was telling the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Glenman wrote:

Someone else asked this last week, I checked entertainment.ie and it was late Saturday night, something like 1am sunday morning. Or its prob repeated on Sky a few times during the week if you can get someone to tape it for you.

Although I've been convinced up to now that Juliet was there to prepare the way for kidnapping Sun, maybe she is really is going to betray Ben and has already warned Jack.
    In which case, when Kate comes to tell them there could be a way off the island, "we should tell her" could mean we should tell her that now would be a really good time to get out of here before the Others attack.

Unless Naomi is somehow connected with the others, and she's going to be part of the attack, in which case "we should tell her" would refer to that.

They did seem very keen to know if she had any way of communicating with her ship.

Liked Cooper calling Ben 'bug-eyes' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

I'm definitely starting to lose track of all the characters. Richard was in this before?? Jacob being the uber-figure?? What the...?!

Also - is it me - or is it really creepy that The Others have very little morals and seem quite prepared to off other people - no problem? Like last night - all the children etc were out waiting for Locke to kill his father. And everyone simply assuming he'd do it - no worries?

I'm definitely starting to wonder about what conoctations are coming into this - a little Matrix-ey I have to say!

I'd love to see a David Lynch hand in the writing/direction...LOL
    Could you imagine?! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

L31mr0d wrote:
    maybe i'm a bit more gruesome than most, but wouldn't it of been easier for Locke to just take his dads head with him in his rucksack rather than drag the whole body through the jungle? I mean hes, what, at least a 2 day walk from the Others at this point, and hes going to be moving a lot slower with a dead body on his shoulders. That things going to start to stink out in the jungle heat in no time :rolleyes:

After killing lockes dad, sawyer runs out and throws up and then after the two of them (locke and sawyer) have a conversation, locke goes over to a tree where cooper is ready to go in a body bag lying against a tree?????
    How did that happen? Who put him there? a mistake most probably!!

Is there not a break in the scene between those two points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We dunno that there wasn't any time elapsed between Sawyer leaving and John walkin off with his dear sweet da over his shoulder...

Plus, John could have bundled it into the bag before they went out of the black rock. It wasn't immediately after killing Cooper/Sawyer that Sawyer had to go out to get sick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement