Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roderic O'Gorman (Green) on youtube

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

marie_85 wrote:
    For all those who've said you've never heard of Roderic before, in all fairness, he's not on the council, he's not in the Dail. So he is very limited at the moment in the impact he can make. However for someone who does not currently hold an elected position, he is making himself well known as a hard worker throughout the constituency. He's been very outspoken on the education situation and the lack of planning in Dublin 15.

Obviously, he's not going to be able to get round to every door before the election is called, and thelepo is correct, he only has a small canvassing team because he prefers to meet people face to face rather than sending the minions out. He has been doing a lot of work though in relation to the proposed prison up near Thornton and the education crisis around the area.

/end of fangirl type rant.

You said pretty much everything I was going to say, so I'll just QFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

ciaran76 wrote:
    Still that FG Leo guy seems to spam my letterbox so decided to not to vote for him or give him a very low prference as he seems to jump on whatever the issue of the day is and its all down to him when its complete or gets fixed.

Did you see his rant about every other party.... including the Greens and more importantly Labour, and how it wasn't a real vote for change.

Secondly what was that about him wanting no buses through the park? It makes sense, cars are allowed through the park, why not buses!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Yes, would it not make more sense to stop cars, not buses, from travelling through the park.
    Just had a quick chat with Leo, nice bloke, though I didn't discuss anything of great magnitude with him. He seems to reckon that everything after Lenihan is a dogfight.

Well Joan will have to go to give him a seat. Speaking of O'Gorman, I just got my first full length leaflet from him! Chances of him getting in are tiny, only three seats, maybe if it's four...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Paddypower is offering 16/1 on this guy winning. Greens mustn't be popular in West Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think it's more because there are already 4 strong candidates fighting for only 3 seats. If the constituency had the 4 seats it should have I reckon he'd be in with a shout of sneaking the last one.

Thisthe first time that a Green candidate has even canvassed in Dublin West. Last time the candidate was just a write-in.

I think you will find that he will poll significantly higher than the bookies expect.

Well he's in a tough position, All the 'left' votes as Mac Dowell calles them are sucked up by Joe Higgens and then Joan..... I hope he does well though.

I'm yet to meet a person under 23 that are giving him anything lower than number 3. Some are voting fro him, not because they know about him, but simply because there is a Green tide among students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PolyphonicSpree

i think the vast majority realise that lenihan virtually has his seat, and the its between higgins,varadkar and burton. personally varadkar wrecks my head. he must have some money to send around so much rubbish, with images of him photoshopped beside some location.

• Advertisement
Advertisement