Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMode phone on non-iMode network... Help !!

• 03-05-2007 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a payg O2 phone (SE K610im - iMode obviously) to use as a replacement for my lost Meteor prepay phone. The new phone is unlocked and works fine with the Meteor sim.

However, the WAP is the problem. As this is an iMode phone and not normal WAP or GPRS I can't send MMS or access wap.mymeteor.ie.

All Meteor profiles and settings have been downloaded from both the SE site and from a Meteor push. Neither have worked.

Can anyone tell me if the fact that it's an iMode phone prevent it being used with a non-iMode network (data-transfer differences maybe).

Maybe there's a way to enter a code to disarm (as it were) the iMode capability and revert to normal WAP over GPRS.

All help is mucho appreciated !!!

PK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i think you're stuck i'm afraid. imode's crap tbh

someone might correct me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 telecomsman

From Wikipedia
    In contrast with the WAP standard, which uses WML on top of a specific protocol stack for wireless handheld devices, i-mode borrows from fixed Internet data formats such as C-HTML based on HTML, as well as DoCoMo proprietary protocols ALP (HTTP) and TLP (TCP, UDP)

While iMode works over normal data bearers (GPRS/3G) it has its own set of protocols, see above, this basically means that an non-iMode handset cant access the iMode service as the protocol stack isnt present on the handset and vice versa. Simple anwser to the problem is either get rid of the phone and get a "normal" handset or port to O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

There should be a way out if you load the K610 firmware onto the phone, see
    http://www.wotanserver.com/en/supported-phones/sonyericsson-k610-debranding/

It wont have the Imode firmware, look on esato.com to see if someone has already done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Conor S

Go to the chinese guy on moore street. Hes in the basement of one of the buildings, He will flash your phone with k610i (non imode) firmware for 20 euro in around a half an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Conor S wrote:
    Go to the chinese guy on moore street. Hes in the basement of one of the buildings, He will flash your phone with k610i (non imode) firmware for 20 euro in around a half an hour.
    Go to the Chinese bloke in the basement ... lol ... :D (sorry!)

Flash your phone to non-imode software though and you'll be better off if you're not using it on O2. Bear in mind though that if the phone breaks down Sony Ericsson will prob tell you to get stuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Dont bother with the bloke in the basement!
    Wotan server is the way to go..its effortless tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Hi all,

Been on to www.wotanserver.com and see the supported features avaialble.

Which one do I need to purchase?

Is it Debranding?

Thanks!

CDA change
    Change languages
    Debranding
    Enable AMR
    MobilEdit supported
    Reset total call time
    Supress camera sound
    Update FOTA
    Update software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Or

You could wait another 3 years when O2s exclusivity on Imode expires....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Pique wrote:
    Hi,

I bought a payg O2 phone (SE K610im - iMode obviously) to use as a replacement for my lost Meteor prepay phone. The new phone is unlocked and works fine with the Meteor sim.

you mean you unlocked it yourself or it was unlocked when you bought it? Mine was locked when it got it.

Advertisement