Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Politics - Whoops!

Options
  • 03-05-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭

Nice to see the Tralee Town Council get the evil eye from the voting public!
    Last week it was announced that they had voted to keep Marks & Spencer out of the town, basically, I think, because they didn't want M&S to have the location that M&S wanted. The councillors, apparently, are holding an emergency meeting to see if they can have another go, this time possibly arriving at to a decision more favoured by the people who voted them in in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

ejmaztec wrote:
    I think, because they didn't want M&S to have the location that M&S wanted
    what location did they want in tralee?

Do you have a link for the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

M&S wanted Manor West. The majority of the councillors wanted them in the town centre, wrongly assuming that M&S would be persuaded. Total arrogance - until, as I said above, the councillors got the evil-eye from the public. Unfortunately, for at least two of the councillors, they're trying to get elected to The Dail in the up-coming elections and jobs is a big issue. Had they not backed down, I think that they would have had to go door-knocking with armed bodyguards as back-up!

I'll round up the Kerryman articles and post them later. Last week's wasn't on the Unison website, so I'll have to scan it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

ejmaztec wrote:
    I'll round up the Kerryman articles and post them later
    Ah, its ok I think I have the jist of it now. It just sounded like a bigger thing in your first post :) and being a tralee man I just wanted more info, thanks

edited to get the quote code corrected

Advertisement