Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fence help please.

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hi i,m putting up a new fence along a public road,but its got to be a good secure type fence,as the last fence i hand up was a 4ft high chainlink fence and the neighbours brats of kids pulled it down and were always messing on it.

so now i need sumthing that will deter them and was thinking about getting some of those fence type rails that used to at train stations,you know the type about 6ft wide and 4ft-6ft high with the split spikes on top.

does anyone know where i could buy these in the southeast preferably used ones in good condition,or does some one know something similar that would do the job,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cormacmccann

There are alot of fencing companies around which will put in that kind of fencing but it is expensive.

not much of a contribution I know, but don't be surprised if they quote in thousands rather than hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Can you replace the fence and then plant a thorny type of hedge inside it. That sould deter them. Or replace the fence and send their parents the bill.

Advertisement