Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couple of very basic questions

• 03-05-2007 7:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have just got a new N73 with vodafone. Can I ask

1,When I go to the Vodafone live page (just the front page) - Do I get charged for this? I know once I go beyond that I do

2. Same question for my regular home page eg Google - Do I pay anything at this stage

3.Finally - When I go to Messaging, and connect up to Vodafone mail where it downloads my mail - Does this cost anything?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

in this situation, i would check my credit first, then see what has been deducted after each access.

either that, or check your operators website for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

With GPRS/ 3G you are charged per kb for all information downloaded.

You may not be charged to access your homepage as this will be cashed on your device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Grand

I'm on bill pay but I'm going to monitor it on the phone log after each use for a while - prob best way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

To Answer Your questions

1) When your on the main page or any of the menu pages e.g. the sport menu or the news menu you will not get charged. Once you go into some content it's 15c per page.

2) Any non vodafone content e.g google etc is charged an 2c per kb downloaded

3) this is off the website
    Vodafone Mail is a free service to all Vodafone customers, as is being notified of your new emails. All you pay is your normal rate for going online.

Using the email client or the WAP/live! menu on your mobile to get your Vodafone Mail costs just 2c per 1Kb downloaded.

Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

The cache in the browser in the Vodafone N73 is disabled!
    Try for yourself... go to
    1. www.google.com
    2. Check packet data
    3. Go again.
    4. Check packet data again.

The option to save a page is also not present.
    Can anyone with a sim free Nokia N73 confirm the same behaviour.

I rang Vodafone and they blanky denied it saying that it was the "web
    pages fault".

Also you can not visit a page you've been to while offline.
    Is this Vodafone up to tricks or functionality omissions in the browser?
    I've read from allaboutsymbian that the standard Nokia browser does
    indeed have a cache... but couldn't find clues as to how one would disable it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

To Answer Your questions

1) When your on the main page or any of the menu pages e.g. the sport menu or the news menu you will not get charged. Once you go into some content it's 15c per page.

2) Any non vodafone content e.g google etc is charged an 2c per kb downloaded

3) this is off the website
    Vodafone Mail is a free service to all Vodafone customers, as is being notified of your new emails. All you pay is your normal rate for going online.

Using the email client or the WAP/live! menu on your mobile to get your Vodafone Mail costs just 2c per 1Kb downloaded.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers for the info - so from this it seems stay away from Vodafone Live. I checked on the website and if you go over I think around 500k you are only charged at .5c per kb.

If I were to view a mail that had say a 100kb attachment - it costs me €2 to view it (100*2c) - is that right??

Also I see you can buy a packet of 10MB for €10 per month - surely this would be better for me if I was downloading a lot (assuming 1000kb =MB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

Yep Thats right. downloading attachments are a big no no through live. Text emails are ok.

Yea if you are intending to use it a lot, one of the MB bundles is definatly the way to go. A lot better value.

Advertisement