Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters - A waste of time

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I can understand the importance of posters for canditates trying to get their names into people's minds but do there have to be so bloody many of them? With environmental concerns more prevalent now than in any previous election, is it not somewhat hyprocritical of parties to be spamming up the roads of the country with their ugly mugs? Especially the greens (with regards to their being hypocritical, not ugly.)

From my point of view, i just find the sheer volume of posters offputting and by the time it comes to vote I'll be so sick of all their faces I'll have to force myself to vote for one of them. Constituencies are sized according to their population so there should be limits on the amount of posters a canditate can put up tied to the number of voters in the constituency.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not to mention that you could supply a small plastics recycling factory for the best part of a year with all the bloody tie-wraps they leave on the lamp posts after they take, sorry I meant rip them down.

Advertisement