Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR performance

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Im a little dissapointed in how the game is running on my system. I could run wow on full resolution and all graphics set to highest without a hint of slowdown. With Lotro Im getting slowdown even with graphics on medium. Any tips to boost performance ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 I8poop4U

I also have this problem. I'm playing it on a new fairly high spec job and at times its really really bad. I thought it was lag as most people on line seemed to be saying they had the same problem. But i am useless at knowing anything about this so cant help but would like to know more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I had some issues with my X1600XT Radeon card, but upgrading the drivers actually solved my problem.

Before I upgraded the drivers the game was crashing even at medium settings, now it works alright on medium, doesn't run well on high though, but tbh, medium is fine with me.

You have to remember the game is several years newer then WoW, and I doubt most people could max out the settings in WoW when it first released.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm no expert but it seems to me Anit-aliasing and shadows tend to cause the most slowdown on many games, maybe stick those down to min settings.

Advertisement