Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuits!?!

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering what thickness wetsuit is best for Ireland? My mate got a 3/2 for the summer and i was thinkin of getting a 3/2 aswell. Any comments/ideas? What time of year can you start using a good 3/2 without getting frost bite!! May to September? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I'll probably be getting into my 3/2 around the end of May start of June depending. You'd probably get away with it now to be honest but you wouldn't be doing three hour sessions or anything. After September you'd want at least a 4/3 probably a 5/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

go for a 5/3 if you're buying. I've never heard anyone wearing a 5/3 wishing for anything lighter. The water is still cold and this will allow you to stay out longer if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

For warmth a 5/4 or 5/3 would be ok for summer and winter but there is so much more stretch in a 3/2. I can't wait to get back into mine.
    If you are going on the cheap though you should be able to get a good discount on a winter suit at this time of year.

Advertisement