Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb accounts department...

Options
  • 03-05-2007 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Ive herd stories about digiwebs customer service but their accounts department seem to be a joke.. I currently have the 3mb pro bundle(because i need remote access to my pc sometimes and pro gives you a static ip)...

I pay for my BB by laser card every month...
    recently i got a notification that they were suspend my account in 3 days unless I paid my lattest invoice.. thats all well and good EXCEPT for the fact that atleast 7 times the money due for the invoice has been sitting in my account for over a month... aswell as that I am still to recieve this months or last months invioces...

I had the same problem a couple of months ago and had to phone up and ask that they send me all invoices from a few months previous which were then sent serveral days later..but back to what i was saying:

upon receiving this notification I emailed digiweb asking them to take the money as it has been sitting in my account all along... I also asked what day it is that they take the money out of my account, as on previous occassions the date payments are taken seems to be random... A few Days had passed and then eventually the money was taken from my account... But still no answer to my question, which i feel i have a right to know.

I have phoned digiweb in the past with the same question to be told the dates that the invoices are generated which also seem to change depending on the person i was told the 16th, the 14th, and the 21st by 3 different people.. but in anycase non of them answered my origanal question about when the money will actually be taken from my account... And then for my question to be ignored in my recent email leads my to ask, with an accounts department like this how are digiweb still in business???

Has anyone else had problems like this with digiweb?

(p.s. please excuse any grammer or spelling mistakes this was posted quickly)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its not a common issue and in fairness they do not overbill like others

escalate to boss and get dd cancelled and set up again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Friend got screwed by Digiweb before. Decided to not charge him by the month but by the year without his permission. Took a full year's money in advance off his credit card. Got on to the heads in there and they told him contact the financial woman. She never answered her phone and never replied to voicemails.Two months of that carry-on. It was only he mentioned fraud, contacted the Minister, ComReg and CC'd in the boss of Digiweb and mentioned an appearance in court, did they finally return his calls and sort it.

This story isn't unique.

well some metro packages were priced for a year up front so they did have a one year payment option . Others do not.

is that woman still there ??? how recent was this ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

One of big issues in relation to any form of electronic payment is the absence of a central point for the consumer to complain to about the (mis)behaviour of a Company - the whole system is far too diffuse and weighted heavily in favour of the Companies.

For example the companies are required to give a period of notice supposedly 14 days (but a ridiculously short 7 days in certain cirucmstances) to the customer before a deduction is made - I recently complained to IPSO that O2 were not doing this and the guy I spoke to was contemptuous saying whats a day or two.

However the consumer cant be a day or two late in having his money in his account!

Anyways in view of Digiwebs alleged behaviour it might be worth contacting ipso - full details at www.ipso.ie - they are always saying that they handle so many electronic payments and they never get any complaints.
    rish Payment Services Organisation (IPSO) Ltd.
    12-13 Cumberland Street
    Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin.
    Ph: 00353 1 6636740
    Fax: 00353 1 2843409
    E-Mail: info@ipso.ie

By the way for anyone setting up electronic payments apparently you have more safeguards under the direct debit scheme than laser or credit card but in all situations watch your account carefully.

And if you are setting up a direct debit make sure you tell them you want 14 days notice apparently when you sign up over the phone they can give you as little as seven days notice - also be careful of 'administration charges' if you miss a payment - between bank charges and company charges (about which they rarely warn) it can cost over 20 euros to miss a direct debit payment!!!

Very true Dub45, ipso thinks their system is perfect when its a serial fraudsters dream . It does not apply in this case though. No cancelled dd was reactivated .

• Advertisement

IPSO are responsible for all electronic payments not just direct debits so if Digiweb are not behaving properly IPSO should be made aware of this.

digiweb are not abusing the IPSO system by taking money they are not entitled to in the OPs case. Complaints to IPSO should concern abuse of DD or Laser to rob money out of peoples accounts .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    digiweb are not abusing the IPSO system by taking money they are not entitled to in the OPs case. Complaints to IPSO should concern abuse of DD or Laser to rob money out of peoples accounts .

If they are not giving correct advance notice of the debit or answering the customers legitimate queries then they are not complying with the system - IPSO have stated to me that they will contact companies behaving this way and put them on the straight and narrow.

thats fair enough so. you are entitled to 14 calendar days notice if I am right ???

Sponge Bob wrote:
    thats fair enough so. you are entitled to 14 calendar days notice if I am right ???

This is what irks me no end about the direct debit scheme. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I raised this with IPSO on the phone before and the guy said to me 14 days is 14 days! The scheme does not define what it means.

http://www.ipso.ie/frames/documents/OriginatorsDay-to-Dayfinal_001.pdf

It really should state 14 'clear' days. And bear in mind this period is supposed to allow the customer to pursue any difficulties with the company in advance of the account being debited so it is in everybody's interests for it to be adhered to.

Interestingly enough the scheme guide has been taken down from the site:
    Direct Debit Guide - old version withdrawn. A new version will appear here shortly.
    When I queried this I was told it was due to the site being redesigned!!!

Anyways I recently noticed that O2 were dating their bills say on 1st May and debiting on the 15th May - now this to me is not 14 days by any stretch of imagination - O2 would not entertain my complaint and the guy in IPSO was quite contemptuous when I contacted them. Stating that he would inform the sponsoring bank that one complaint had been received.

Another factor is that business mail is not postmarked anymore so it is very difficult to tell when a letter has actually been posted. There is also a scheme called direct debit plus which only requires 7 days notice before an account is debited. Such a short interval is absolutely ludicrous in my view and it is not difficult to imagine a situation where accounts are being debited almost simultaneously with the receipt of the bill. When you sign up over the phone apparently you are automatically on Direct Debit Plus!!!

http://www.ipso.ie/frames/documents/DDPlusOriginatorsDay-to-DayFINAL_001.pdf

And there are the charges which companies inflict on people who miss a direct debit but do not warn about when people are signing up!!

IPSO state this has nothing at all to do with them!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

it isn't if they continue to refuse to publish their code of misconduct seeing as there is no code

IPSO is most likely controlled by Irish Psychics Live according to my information ...although I have given up tea since I read that.

Advertisement