Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would cena make a good heel?

• 03-05-2007 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

I dont think im the only one who is sick and tired of cena being a babyface. more and more of the fans are starting to boo him, its only kids who like him. i think it would be interesting if he turned his back on the crowd like the rock did around 10 years ago.
    What i would like to see, when HHH returns (When ever that will be), cena and HHH to be in a tag match, and have cena turn on HHH. resulting fued and HHH to eventualy win the title again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I dont think im the only one who is sick and tired of cena being a babyface. more and more of the fans are starting to boo him, its only kids who like him. i think it would be interesting if he turned his back on the crowd like the rock did around 10 years ago.
    What i would like to see, when HHH returns (When ever that will be), cena and HHH to be in a tag match, and have cena turn on HHH. resulting fued and HHH to eventualy win the title again.
    He was a very good heel at the start of his career!
    His fued with Brock brought out the best in him!

I was hoping they'd turn him against egde!
    But it never happened!

Bottom line. WWE reckon that "Superstars" who have movies/CD's to sell have to be faces! And of course WWE are never wrong!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, it's not a question of "would", as he already has been a good heel

I wouldn't say that it's only kids that like him though. Maybe a year ago. But he must have won some people over with his performances this year. I still wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but I can put up with him on my tv screen. Last year I'd often change the channel if he was on

I don't know if it'd be a smart idea for WWE to turn him heel though. While it might make great tv, is there anyone who can really step up to be their number one face? You could put in an argument for HHH, but the fact is that it's been a long long time since he's had a great match and the fans could easily turn on him. The best thing for WWE to do, as a business, is to keep Cena face and milk him for all he's worth, which certainly seems to be a lot more than any of their other wrestlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think it should happen any time soon.

If they really wanted to turn Cena, I'd do it with Rey who they have big plans for when he comes back.

Mysterio was basically the Smackdown version of Cena (ratings mover, beloved by kids, top merchandising seller). I think if Cena turned on him it could touch a nerve with a lot of the audience who really supported him.

I can't see it happening though.

In saying that, it wouldn't really matter who he turns on as about 50% of the audience are dieing to boo him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm curious how they'd pull off a Cena heel turn since his character has evolved so much. Would he return to his rapping heel persona or become something different entirely?

Lately he's participated in some quality matches and there's always a great atmosphere when he wrestles so I want him to stay a face, for the time being anyway.

I'm curious how they'd pull off a Cena heel turn since his character has evolved so much. Would he return to his rapping heel persona or become something different entirely?

Lately he's participated in some quality matches and there's always a great atmosphere when he wrestles so I want him to stay a face, for the time being anyway.

He could beat the living shít outta Micheals with a Chair and change his image!
    Wear a suit or something?

TBH the fans wouldn't need much of an excuse!

Three massive matches where he was booed out of the building:
    Cena vs RVD at ONS (Classic Moment when he threw his shirt into the crowd and it kept coming back!
    Cena vs Edge in Toronto. Amazing match I thought! Edge was total face that night!
    Cena vs HHH at WM 22. HHH was supposed to be the heel but got cheered throughout the match. Got a huge pop when he nailed Cena with a Chair/Hammer?!

I am sick of Cena being shoved down ppl's throats! They tried it with Edge after he came back from his injury and it didn't work. Since then he's been one of the best, most entertaining heels ever. Don't know how it would pan out for Cena but i'd still love to see him turned!

On another note I wonder if they'll break up DX when tripps comes back? They could have HBK turn for a change and keep HHH as a Face?!
    Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Gillie wrote:

Three massive matches where he was booed out of the building:
    Cena vs RVD at ONS (Classic Moment when he threw his shirt into the crowd and it kept coming back!
    Cena vs Edge in Toronto. Amazing match I thought! Edge was total face that night!
    Cena vs HHH at WM 22. HHH was supposed to be the heel but got cheered throughout the match. Got a huge pop when he nailed Cena with a Chair/Hammer?!

1st Example was an ECW event. RVD is an ECW guy.
    2nd Example Toronto is Edge's hometown
    3rd Example This was at the very peak of the Cena hating. He has won a lot of people over in the last few months. Me included and I had pretty much stopped watching wrestling because of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Gillie wrote:
    On another note I wonder if they'll break up DX when tripps comes back? They could have HBK turn for a change and keep HHH as a Face?!
    Thoughts?

I'd love to see that feud, it'd be great to see Michaels as they heel and Triple H as the face (I'd prefer an early 2002 type face as opposed to 2006 type). They really get the best out of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Ive gone from liking him as as heel to hating him as a face and currently being able to put up with him.Some of his matches in the past year have been good(whether that was because of the opponent is a different story).I think that he has come as far as he possibly can as a face and it has now come up to a point that often its only kids that cheer for him.I don't know what more the WWE can achieve with him being a face though and therefore I would be ready to see him turn a heel.One possible way of doing that would be to use the ropes or a steel chair while the ref wasnt looking in his next title defence in order to retain the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They could easily turn him into a heel. just change him from a marine to a deserter where he's on the run every night from the authorities with a re-instated muhammed hassan after him non-stop

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

If it were up to me, yes I would turn Cena heel. I would then push HBK as the top face and lets be honest, he is getting on in years but the guy is still well capable of carrying RAW. This would breath fresh air into their current feud and would allow HBK to have a shock heel turn when HHH returns.
    This wont happen of course but realistically I think Cena should drop the WWE title because for the simple reason that its just getting too predicatble with him holding the belt. Its come to the point that its almost pointless to watch a WWE PPV because we all know in our hearts and souls that Cena is going to win, no matter who it is he's facing or how much we want him to lose.
    In losing the title, Cena would have alot of the heat he has with older fans taken away from him. This is what happened when both Edge and RVD had the title. In my mind WWE wouldn't even lose out that much financially either. I mean just because he doesn't have the title, it doesn't mean that he can't be involved in a top card feud.
    The days of multi-year title reigns are gone. Todays audiance are too impatient for that and Cena has had it for the best part of 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gillie wrote:
    Bottom line. WWE reckon that "Superstars" who have movies/CD's to sell have to be faces! And of course WWE are never wrong!:rolleyes:

Hold up! HHH was heel for his part in Blade Trinity, Rock was also heel when they were filming Welcome To The Jungle, granted he turned face that night after he put Goldberg over (seen as an extra on the Backlash 03 DVD) and Kane was quasi-heel going to full blown heel for See No Evil.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

yeah but in fairness i think what he means was they were playing baddies in their movies, so it suited to have them heel. when they are playing goodies, or selling records its based on popularity with the kiddies and marks, plus i'd be inclined to leave cena as a face now anyway hes got a bit of an 80s hogan thing to him, not as popular but in the same style, i think a heel turn could be a bad move as many have said.

I stand corrected - slightly!
    The movies with the Rock and HHH were not WWE movies.
    Kane was a Face I thought at that time? Anyway, with Kane does it matter?

Advertisement