Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurry font?

Options
  • 03-05-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I just received my new computer yesterday and have noticed that the font in some applications is a bit fuzzy. Its running vista home premium 32bit and has a Gainward Geforce 8600GTS. The drivers are 7.15.11.5818 (according to windows anyway!).

Heres a screenshot i took of AVG control centre, notice(especially on the smaller font) the lack of clarity. It only seems to happen on 3rd party programs, creative mediasource etc.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is it a vista quirk or do i just need to tweak some settings?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I see well Windows Vista has built in font anti-aliasing could be something is screwy with the text but cant say I've seen it myself in my own usage.

Are you using large or bold fonts because the other text looks out of proportion as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pkeno

Well I havn't changed any settings. That is how it was out of the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is the res set correctly on the monitor? What is the resolution? Is it connected via DVI? Also, you can choose between cleartype and standard when it comes to fonts, cleartype is better, can be toggled under desktop->personalise-> window solor and appearance -> Click the link to classic settings and then choose effects.

The res is 1024*768, i used this monitor with my old pc at the same res with no problems. Its a DVI connection with a VGA adapter on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Check the font size in the control panel\personalization section the default is 96dpi as that text still looks odd to me in the screenshot.

• Advertisement

Well done 8T8, that was the problem. It was set to 127dpi or something like that. Here's a shot of avg now.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys

Advertisement