Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoW new maps

• 03-05-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I see new maps were released this morning for GoW.

Any download them yet any thought's reviews?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

You'd be wrong. Just turned on gears there and no sign of them on marketplace or anywhere else. Maybe they'll be released in a few hours, in-line with American morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dave wrote:
    You'd be wrong. Just turned on gears there and no sign of them on marketplace or anywhere else. Maybe they'll be released in a few hours, in-line with American morning?

there's people on my list playing them from europe and america, they're definitley there :D

Yeah sorry, I expected them to be free so I wasn't looking at the pay stuff. They're 800 points! Grrrr. Fcuking microsoft. Epic wanted them to be free apparently. They'll be free themselves after Sep 2nd or something.

link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Anyone play them yet? I wonder what there like, I don't think ill get them yet, saving for forza,dirt,gh2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I'll be waiting til September 2nd for these. The price of pretty much everything is way off on xbox live, and the fact that Epic wanted to make them free but Microsoft wouldn't let them is a bit pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

are they multiplayer or single player, it would be a bit cheeky charging for multi player maps in fairness...

are they multiplayer or single player, it would be a bit cheeky charging for multi player maps in fairness...

I don't see how it's cheeky most companies bring out multi player map packs for pc's etc and charge for them.

Alot of work goes into them and there charging 8e which is what 2e a map.

seems reasonable enough to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

There multiplayer n they're up now.... downloading em at the mo.

Well they don't work out to be €2 a map. I want to get them, but the only denomination MS Points are sold in are 1000, which costs €12, effectively costing me €12 as there is nothing on marketplace worth buying for 200 points.

Also ntl you seem to be missing the point that, yes alot of work went into the mpas by epic, they wanted to give them away for FREE, yet microsoft made them charge for them. It's ridiculous.

Dave wrote:
    Well they don't work out to be €2 a map. I want to get them, but the only denomination MS Points are sold in are 1000, which costs €12, effectively costing me €12 as there is nothing on marketplace worth buying for 200 points.

Also ntl you seem to be missing the point that, yes alot of work went into the mpas by epic, they wanted to give them away for FREE, yet microsoft made them charge for them. It's ridiculous.

I understand the point.

but at the end of the day it's 2e a map :) the fact you don't think there's anything worth buying for 200 points is irelevant :)

MS arse ba*tards, no one disputes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Maps r worth the money... they're huge... allot bigger than the old ones.

Considering they've already released free maps n a new game mode.. Didn't u have to pay to get that for las vegas???

Still, its cack that they're made to charge by MS..... Some new weapons now would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Well I suppose MS did publish it and spent a lot in advertising/promoting it, so the want to make back a bit of the money.

Still not going to get them for a while. I don't play it that much anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

not going to download them till they're free. having too much run with R6V multiplayer. actually that reminds me, i should get buy some MS points to get the Red Edition map pack....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

The maps are worth the few bob in my opinion, they're good and inject a new lease of life into the game, for me it was getting pretty stale.

The Maps are far better than the 2 freebies

I just got them there. Haven't played them online yet because no one seems to be playing as opposed to yesterday! My flatmate and I had a run around them anyway, and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed. They've severely reduced the amount of cover in 3 out of the 4 maps. They're not huge by any means either, they're pretty much the same size the biggest being as big as old bones, and the smallest being maybe the size of gridlock. Detail seems to be lacking as well, just when you compare them to the quality of the original maps. Maybe I just need to get some proper playtime on them, but they were my first impressions anyway.

Advertisement