Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help for meal

• 03-05-2007 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi all,my wedding is fast approaching,and i am looking for something nice and special for all vegan & vegetarians,anybody have any ideas.thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

are you making the food yourself or are you looking for ideas to give to the hotel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I suppose try and avoided the clichéd goat’s cheese tart

I really wish therr were more people like you.
    Are you hiring a caterer?
    If your reception is in a hotel, they usually consider a veggie meal as an option.And as you know options are expensive. So without exception I am served inedible cold pasta in chopped tomatoes, with a flourish from staff who expect me to grateful because they have dealt with headache of not being prepared for me.
    Actually I tell a lie, there is a penchant for serving a tiny portion of frozen mini veg spring rolls for main too and I have also been served a plate of disgusting over boiled veg and mash.
    I have to try and break away from the wedding to get a feed and that isn't always possible so I starve! and I'm not a not a pleasant sight to behold when I'm hungary. :mad:

If you are with a hotel then if you give us the name we might have expierence of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

How about a roast dinner with roast spuds, parsnips, etc and some nut roast? Not terribly fancy but it would work! Just make sure they don't cook the veg with the meat!

Nature Boy wrote:
    How about a roast dinner with roast spuds, parsnips, etc and some nut roast? Not terribly fancy but it would work! Just make sure they don't cook the veg with the meat!

I know it is edible (step up) but that really doesn't sound at all appetising.

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote:
    I know it is edible (step up) but that really doesn't sound at all appetising.

You don't like a Sunday roast? Are you sh1tting me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, you are mad! roasts are delicious :) potatoes, gravey and greens; yum! nut roast can be good, but varies as to the recipe. not an essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

There's loads of vegie dishes out there and inexpensive, how about a pasta, risotto, curry dish and any dish can be accompanied with salads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

i must say i do like a roast. unfortunately not a lot of places have a veggie protein option to go with the roast (not in my experience anyway). and the gravy has meat juices usually when it's made in a hotel. that is if this wedding is in a hotel.

How about a canelloni? Basically pasta sheets wrapped up like buritos usually with some kind of spinach filling and topped with melted cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I was at a wedding in March and had the vegan option which was

Roasted veg tart - made with vegan pastry
    Then for mains had some lentil and mushroom thing which was divine - kind of like a risotto but with lentils instead of rice mmmmm.
    Then roasted peaches with vegan cream

It was all lovely and the restaurant could not have been more accommodating to us "weirdos"!!!

Advertisement