Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 players in town

Options
  • 03-05-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i haven't been in town to wander around the shops in ages, cos of college and work and stuff... Anyway, just wondering about where you can buy mp3 players in town... I know all the usual places, but is the range any good? I seem to remember that Soundstore and the like only have the couple of creatives and sony and ipods, i'm looking for like a good video type one... they available in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hmm, Soundstore have some alright, as well as O'Callaghans but to be honest you might be better off heading out to Mahon Point (Curry's & PC World <same crowd>).

Why not buy online? I bought a Zen Vision:M 60Gb on pixmania.ie and I love it, tis great for vids and music. For example I priced the 30Gb version in the Sony Centre and it was 290 euro! I bought the 60Gb version for 299 (I know Sony centres are total rip offs anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

well o2 experience sell ipods,

and fyi if you use a mac, do not get a sony, they dont work with macs, regardess of what the reps say and creatives only work with third party software i think

• Registered Users Posts: 48 peveril13

check out the cowon A2, I have it and I have little doubt that it is the best mp4 player on the market right now. its brilliant.
    I got it in midleton, not sure if its in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If you're looking for something geared towards videos PC World sell Archos players which are fairly decent. Not sure of the price, but they're not as cheap as your typical ipod (larger screen and hard drive)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

well o2 experience sell ipods,

and fyi if you use a mac, do not get a sony, they dont work with macs, regardess of what the reps say and creatives only work with third party software i think

if ur looking for overall compatibility then surely the iPod is the last thing you would look at! I'm not sure what U mean when U say creatives only work with third party software..yes you need to use their software to add media to the player but at least you have more flexibility than the iPod/iTunes and you can also switch the Creative Zen to 'Mass Storage Device' mode, pity it is not always seen as a MSD but at least it's better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why not buy online?

I don't mind buying online, but i'd like to actually hold the thing in my hand, see it working before i shell out my hard-earned euros...

(that's actually my only problem with online shopping...)

Gauge wrote:
    If you're looking for something geared towards videos PC World sell Archos players which are fairly decent.

Never thought of there... Nice one, i'll have to cycle over some day...

Well if you want to try one out you might be out of luck slightly... :( when I was last there they'd had no large mp3 players on display because the last ones were robbed. They might be after putting them out now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Gauge wrote:
    If you're looking for something geared towards videos PC World sell Archos players which are fairly decent. Not sure of the price, but they're not as cheap as your typical ipod (larger screen and hard drive)

thanks for that Guage, i was wondering where i could look at archos. friend has one and they are very versatile

Was over in PC World & Currys (I think - the one next to PC World) in Mahon Point Friday evening.. No sign of anything other than the creatives & ipods (except for the small flash ones). Now they might have had them, just not on display, i don't know i never asked cos i was running through... Any other places that might have them?

• Advertisement

They have them but they're not on display! I used to work there up until 2 weeks ago and they got stolen from the display so they're kept in the stockroom now til they get the new, secure display...

Gauge wrote:
    They have them but they're not on display! I used to work there up until 2 weeks ago and they got stolen from the display so they're kept in the stockroom now til they get the new, secure display...

What? Dirty knackers robbing stuff... That's ridiculous, its actually a terrible indicator the way things are around the place...:mad:

Advertisement