Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help - what broadband company

Options
  • 03-05-2007 12:39pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone could help me. Am finally getting around to getting a home PC this weekend and i am at a complete lose about broadband, ISDN Lines (i am pretty sure when the house was re-wired all the phone sockets were ISDN) and general computer stuff.

My question is what is the best company to go with, wireless yes/no. my phone line is with UTVTalk. wont be downloading and will just be using the computer to surf and download photos from a camera.

sorry this post is all over the place - a bit like me head at the moment :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Since you've already got the phone with UTV, the easiest would be to go with them. Wireless or not is entirely your own choice and depends on your set up at home.

Smart (if they are available to you) are the best value if you want to change company.

You think you won't be using the Net much and then you get it and you find all sorts of things to do. Stay away from any timed products.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks - will check out smart

Advertisement