Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 problems

• 03-05-2007 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I just got a new 6300 nokia and have been having problems for the last week or so. Basically the phone will power cycle intermittently or sometimes make a screeching noise and turn itself off when you are on a call.

I'm on meteor billpay.

Just wondering has anybody else had the same problem. Of course its an intermittent problem and when I went back to the shop it was working fine and they did f#@k all about it.

Looks like a phone issue as over on the nokia forums people are having a similar issue
    http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=phones&message.id=15528

I just want to see if anybody else in Ireland has had the same issue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

Haven't had the same isseu - but this is certainly a handset fault.
    I assume the phone is within warantee in which case the store should have no problems sending it for repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

oldboy bring it to MPRC in sandyford they'll sort it within 3 hours. sounds like an internal power problem.

http://www.mprc.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

out of interest what software version is on that handset,
    the one in use by the prototype in O2 at the moment is v4.70 ( 24-01-07 ) RM-217

to get the info, just type *#0000#

not verbally, its what is stamped on the phone lol.
    its actually referred to as a test sample, whereas the ones customer get for end-use = production samples

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

Hi folks,

software on the phone is - v4.70 24-01-07 RM-217 same as the "prototype".

I cant update the software on the web as its not avail yet. Nokia software updater doesnt have the phone listed.

But it deffo seems like a hardware fault. I'll be back to the meteor store tomorrow. Will update as to how I got on.

Apart from the power issues and seemingly short battery life its a nice phone.

Thanks for the replys :)

to be honest, both those issues may be related if the voice quality is caused by internal power issues

oldboy wrote:
    Hi folks,

software on the phone is - v4.70 24-01-07 RM-217 same as the "prototype".

I cant update the software on the web as its not avail yet. Nokia software updater doesnt have the phone listed.

But it deffo seems like a hardware fault. I'll be back to the meteor store tomorrow. Will update as to how I got on.

Apart from the power issues and seemingly short battery life its a nice phone.

Thanks for the replys :)

do yourself a favor and bring it to MPRC in sandyford they'll sort it within 3 hours. http://www.mprc.ie/

you'll be waiting weeks for meteor to sort it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jaffa23

Just got my second 6300, only had first one a couple of weeks.
    This is on Meteor billpay and the problem is receiving MMS.The settings
    were already installed on the handset and I can browse the web and send MMS but can't receive any. Second handset has same problem. Carphonewarehouse are a disaster to deal with, I love the phone and don't want to change to a different handset. Can anyone help???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have you tried deleting the settings and sending fresh ones? With Meteor, you also need to send a blank MMS to yourself to activate receiving MMS.

• Advertisement

Thanks chrislad.
    Have done all, over and over again. Downloaded settings from Nokia website,Meteor website and also got them sent directly to handset. I am baffled by the fact that I can browse web and send MMS but cant receive. Surely if it was a problem with settings I wouldn't be able to send MMS,but don't know a lot about it.
    Would local Nokia service centre help or is it more complicated than that I wonder?
    Also, another thread here mentions an SE880i or 810i with similar problems on Meteor. The guy mentions that his account details weren't correct and that this was the problem. Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

OK. Long shot here, but have you gone into MMS message settings and there is a section - Allow MMS Reception (should be set to yes) and then another setting for incoming mms messages where you can choose auto, manual after prompt or reject.

Thanks whisht.
    Have done all and all checked in Carphonewarehouse as well. They at first told me to get settings sent direct to phone, no difference. When I went back a third time they said it was sim card not handset that was problem,but a different Meteor sim doesn't work either.
    Eventually they gave me a new handset but its the same. Could go back and get different make and model but choice isn't great,would prefer to keep this one. Had trouble with settings on phones with this retailer before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

i had the same problem with the charging but i tried my old charger and it worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

jaffa23 wrote:
    Just got my second 6300, only had first one a couple of weeks.
    This is on Meteor billpay and the problem is receiving MMS.The settings
    were already installed on the handset and I can browse the web and send MMS but can't receive any. Second handset has same problem. Carphonewarehouse are a disaster to deal with, I love the phone and don't want to change to a different handset. Can anyone help???

I got a Nokia 6300 from The CarphoneWarehouse yesterday and there are no games on it. No applications, a pathetic 14 ringtones to choose from... just really disappointing.

The demo phone in the O2 dhop had loads of stuff on it. Should I have bought from there or would itmake any difference?

Can they do anything for me if I go back to the shop today do ye think??

Edited to say... I found them... on the memory card.

But that seems to keep doing a disapearing act. Now you see it, now you don't1 Have to turn phone off and back on again for it to reappear.

Anyone else???

yup, the ole memory card issue is widespread, and apparently can be fixed via the nokia service centres, how do these things slip by manufacturing and Quality Testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

JNive wrote:
    yup, the ole memory card issue is widespread, and apparently can be fixed via the nokia service centres, how do these things slip by manufacturing and Quality Testing.

Yep!

I went back to the shop with it and after spending ages convincing them there was a problem they gave me a new phone. And so far so good.

They said out of around 12 they'd sold, mine was the third to be brought back with that problem. :rolleyes:

Advertisement