Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insatalling plywood panels in van

Options
  • 03-05-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes anyway. I recently bought a transit van and im looking to install some panels to hang some shelving from and attatch seats etc. Has anybody done this themselves? Not sure how its done, presume sheets of ply are rivetted to the collumns running vertically down the side of van.
    any suggestions greatly appreciated,
    Murray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would pay a van lining crowd to do it, not only are they faster but they have templates for all the popular vans and the job is neater.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

i would be with CJ on this, it really depends on how skilled you are but its a tricky job. I know an experienced carpenter who drove two wood screws out through the side panel of this new Reno Traffic while trying to fit his own shelving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Unless you really know what your doing don't even attempt this yourself. You could end up with all sorts of problems and plenty of rattles too.

Use a company like VanEquip > http://www.vanequip.ie/

Advertisement