Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Ripwave Modem Problem

Options
  • 03-05-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have my IBB Ripwave modem since around Christmas and when I first got it I could plug it into my PC without the need for a router and with my IP settings set to DHCP I could get an IP address no problem from the modem. Now...I can't, at all...but when I plug my modem into my D Link DI-604 router and then the router into my PC, the router can get an IP address from the modem and everything works fine. I formatted my PC there the other day for another reason but when it was set back up again, the problem still remains. The router can get an IP address from the modem but when it's plugged directly into the PC...no joy. Anyone seen anything like this before? :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement