Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crows

• 03-05-2007 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

maybe this is an odd thread to start as not too many people are into crow shooting, but i have to say i really enjoy it. at least once a week i set up a good hide and out i go with my gear and i always get a great shoot in when im after crows and on a good morning i could get anything to 50 cartridges off. just wondering does anyone else on the board enjoy it and does anyone have any good tales to tell or tips to give.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

hey man what kind of setup do you use?

any decoys or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i use three greycrow decoys, a realtree hide and i use a crow caller aswell. i still am convinced that there is no need for a crow caller as the decoys do all the work i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I learned to hunt back in the day stalking crows with an airgun , my god the crows are crafty creatures .It really is good for building your stalking abilities because they are so alert all of the time. When you go off and hunt something like pigeons instead you find their lack of intelligence absolutely gob-smacking beside crows. The only thing I didn't like about stalking crows was how little I actually got for all my efforts. Never tried goin at them with a shotgun yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

hitting branchers with a good airgun is hard to beat
    Bryan

Advertisement