Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 door alignment

Options
  • 03-05-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I bought a Peugeot 307 in 2004. In the last few months the drivers side door seems to have slowley moved out of alignment. The door is about 2mm too high. I know it's not much but I see it everytime I get in the car and it bothers me. The car is no longer under warrenty....

When I look at the hinges of the door I only see two massive bolts on the top hinge and two on the bottom. I don't think these will be accesible whith a socket or spanner.

Anyone know how to re-align the door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Was the car in an accident by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Moanin wrote:
    Was the car in an accident by any chance?

The car has never been in an accident. Door has two small dents from the old door swingers in supermerket carparks. I don't think that would cause any movement on the door alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This is not too unusual, is it a 3-door by any chance? 3-door cars tend to have very heavy doors, and can sag a little with a lot of use (though, from your description, it sounds like its risen, not sagged). Something like the wind catching it as you open it could cause it too.
    The current Golf reportedly has had problems with door alignment on brand new cars. I'd imagine you will need a mechanic to adjust it for you, not something I'd tackle myself with a spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

It's a five door and I think you're right about the wind thing...

Advertisement