Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose's quote after Liverpool match?!

• 03-05-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭

''History will show that the next winner of the competition will be Liverpool or another club. In a couple of years nobody will remember that Chelsea were the best team in the first game, the best team in Anfield, and the best team in extra time."

Seriously, I'm actually starting to worry about the state of Jose's mental health. He cannot honestly believe this?!
    He should quit before his, already fragile mind, breaks any further. He really is deluded.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

He's not what you would describe as a graceful loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

He lost it a few weeks ago. Some of the crap he has been spouting in recent weeks is just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

when did he say that?
    I listened to him on RTE's coverage and he said liverpool were the better team on the night but not over both legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

its in most of todays papers.

i watched the RTE coverage and i don't remember seeing any interview with Mourinho?!

Probably cause i was too busy jumping around the house! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Noelie wrote:
    when did he say that?
    I listened to him on RTE's coverage and he said liverpool were the better team on the night but not over both legs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6614245.stm

click on the press conference at the top (about 2:40 in). he keeps harping on "i saw one team in blue playing win" and all that. did he not see Kuyt's shot that hit the crossbar, or the goal that no one would have argued with if it were allowed to stand because it was that close? maybe he's just tryng to protect his players again, but jaysus, he's gone the wrong way about it.

you'd wonder, when he leaves Chelsea eventually, will any other club want to put up with his antics? the more he goes one like this the more un-hirable he becomes. he'll end up with a mediocre team like Porto having to prove his ability all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

you'd wonder, when he leaves Chelsea eventually, will any other club want to put up with his antics? the more he goes one like this the more un-hirable he becomes. he'll end up with a mediocre team like Porto having to prove his ability all over again.

Extremely doubtful that big clubs would not want jose mourinho because he talks some crap in interviews. He has a proven record and I think had his working environment not been tampered with (incoming players, 'restructuring' of the club) he would have done better this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Extremely doubtful that big clubs would not want jose mourinho because he talks some crap in interviews. He has a proven record and I think had his working environment not been tampered with (incoming players, 'restructuring' of the club) he would have done better this season.

I dunno, i'm not sure fans of more established clubs who would be challenging anyway from the league without him, would put up with his arrogance and ugly/direct football. Would you want to see Barca under Mourinho? i think it'd be horrible. he's good for winning trphies but he's not good for the clubs overall brand image, and no doubt there would be many chiarmen out there who would think along the same lines as ambramovich i feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Noelie wrote:
    when did he say that?

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid494940053/bctid823354569

Advertisement