Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting logged out

Options
  • 03-05-2007 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i've noticed that at work i might open a thread on boards, read it, not close it, go back to work for like 10 minutes and when i come back i'd have been logged out. As well, if i close the page and come back to it, 9 times out of 10 i'll have been logged out.. (yes i have clicked the "Remember Me" button)

Any idea why? This doesn't happen at all at home... (use firefox in both..)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Click "Remember Me" when logging in, and also make sure cookies are enabled.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You get automatically logged out after a period of inactivity. I think it's 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

scojones wrote:
    Click "Remember Me" when logging in, and also make sure cookies are enabled.

Already done...
    Faith wrote:
    You get automatically logged out after a period of inactivity. I think it's 15 minutes.

That's fair enough, but how come when i log in, having clicked remember me, if i close th epage and come back to it, it's forgotten me? Am i that insignificant?:( :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dulpit wrote:
    Am i that insignificant?:( :(:(
    Yes, we all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

seansouth wrote:
    Yes, we all are.

Ouch:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Your work PC setup could be set up in a way that cookies are not recorded for security reasons.

Either that, or it's time to delete all your cookies and browsing history, clear the cache etc and try again.

Advertisement